Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
What's going on?
11 Posts
I read them last night Geoff .. didnt seem anything untoward , query re their email address .
Hi Sagres & Lynwestie,

Hope your both well.

I've checked that forum and there were 4 posts last night but not at those times, and also there were none deleted that I can see in the admin control panel.

My thoughts would be that Gmail is currently sending out the emails was on a go slow causing this delay. But I could be wrong. :think

Once we have swapped the code over tonight I will update the email settings so that emails are sending via our server rather than Gmail which should speed up that process.
Let me know if this happens again :)
Hi Lyn,

Sorry, was there something wrong with the email address it was sent from? I might have read this wrong.. its too early :(

Cheers guys,
Phil
No Phill the posts were from miss pink quering S&M's email address because her email to them had bounced back .. David I think replied and her 2nd attempt worked that's why I thought it unlikely that they had been removed . :).

Oh right .. Sorry just checked the topic and those that I saw are on there. I was up quite late mooching around here and think I would of seen if there were any others :think
Ah sorry Lyn,

I thought there was a query with the email of where the notification emails had come from. Lol Understand what you're talking about now :)

Yeah I think your right it's pretty unlikely that they would have been deleted. Ill change the email and let you guys know once this has been done so we can monitor going forward :)

Cheers, Phil
I use Gmail and I am also subscribed to the Complaints forum. As far as I recall, I received notifications of those new posts at the correct times last night. But Gmail has been doing a lot of strange things lately !

David :wave
Hi David,

I'll change emails from gmail to our own server shortly. I've checked ACP I'm pretty sure none were deleted. Maybe you could have a quick look for me please, just to clarify that we aren't deleting users posts.

Cheers, Phil
No, all the posts are still there Phil, nothing has been deleted. All that changed was that I edited the first post in the thread to remove all the rogue text and characters which had appeared, but that should have no bearing on the emails.

Excellent thanks David :)
Yeah I think its more a glitch in the gmail server perhaps. But just wanted to clarify the post deletion.

Cheers mate,

Phil
Yes, there seems to be a few glitches in Gmail at the moment. I have had issues with some new incoming mail already marked as read in my Inbox, or going directly to Trash, without me having read or deleted them.

Gmail Notifier gives a pop up and audible alert to any incoming mail, usually within a couple of minutes of it hitting the Inbox. I have just had a pop up and audible alert, but no new emails were displayed in my Inbox. It was a further 8 minutes after the pop up before the email actually arrived. :hmmm
thanks David. So its not just me then. I have been getting new message alerts but no messages at all, till hours later
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.