General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Just catching up with this thread. Have had horrible bug for the last few days. Feeling a bit more human now. Love reading about all your plans.
Well the first holiday is to Majorca in early summer, as I have flights to Palma booked, but haven't a clue where to stay, or in what kind of accommodation. Pollenca Old Town of Soller look favorites at the moment but will wait until a few weeks before travel to see if we can get a good accommodation deal as we are flexible as to if we go in an hotel, apartment or villa.

Also flights to Helsinki are booked, and a Hilton Hotel but that booking is on booking dot com and can change it up to 48 hours before so if we see a better/more desirable accommodation closer to the time it may change. That said the Hilton is in a great location.
We spent New Year in the East Neuk of Fife at the in-laws' place. Great family time just vegging with the kids. We will be back there at Easter and then we are heading north for a few days with my side of the family near Aviemore. In the summer we are booked to go to our usual campsite in France with 4 days at Disney on the way.
suncatcher wrote:
Just catching up with this thread. Have had horrible bug for the last few days. Feeling a bit more human now. Love reading about all your plans.

Glad to hear you are feeling better Suncatcher, there's been stomach bugs, colds and severe sore throats going around here too. My mam's been really poorly over the New Year with a heavy cold, neice with tonsillitis, sister with an ear infection. We've had to keep in contact by phone!
elaine80 wrote:
We spent New Year in the East Neuk of Fife at the in-laws' place. Great family time just vegging with the kids. We will be back there at Easter and then we are heading north for a few days with my side of the family near Aviemore. In the summer we are booked to go to our usual campsite in France with 4 days at Disney on the way.

Sounds great Elaine :tup I love it around Aviemore, gorgeous area.
doe wrote:
Well the first holiday is to Majorca in early summer, as I have flights to Palma booked, but haven't a clue where to stay, or in what kind of accommodation. Pollenca Old Town of Soller look favorites at the moment but will wait until a few weeks before travel to see if we can get a good accommodation deal as we are flexible as to if we go in an hotel, apartment or villa.

Also flights to Helsinki are booked, and a Hilton Hotel but that booking is on booking dot com and can change it up to 48 hours before so if we see a better/more desirable accommodation closer to the time it may change. That said the Hilton is in a great location.

How long are you going to Majorca for Doe? Just wondering as if only for a few days might be better to stay airport end. I used to fancy Puerto de Andratx there isn't a beach but I do like Marina's.

Re booking.com that's what I like about it...flexibility.

Have a lovely time wherever you choose :tup
Off to Abu Dhabi in just under 10 weeks , will be cycling round the Formula 1 track there ( not as quick as Lewis ,nearly as quick as Rosberg though :D )
Off to my favourite chill out place , Playa Blanca , (Lanzarote ) in June with my sister and her partner , not sure about September , but have reward flight booked for Dubai in November , no doubt will pop over to Jersey for a quick chill out too sometime :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.