Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
There's a nice walk along the sea front from Ixia into Rhodes town. Also the cross at Filerimos is well worth a visit.Valley of the Butterflies, Ancient Kamiros, I could go on and on! You can get the hydrofoil from the harbour to Turkey, book this yourself at the harbour, much cheaper than the rep's tours.A boat trip to Symi or Lindos can also be booked from the harbour, barter a bit with these! A walk down Orfanidou St. (Bar St.) one evening can be an eye-opener though it's a bit early in the season for some of the sights!! Have a lovely holiday. Anne
Avoid the up-market bars in the Old Town squares. Costa del LOT.

For 1/2 litre of ale and 3 large OJ's, we were ripped off to the tune of €23.50 last year. Mind you, I enjoyed every drop.

Down to the sea front from the bus station and turn right past the Taxi rank you will find a Taverna down some steps that is very reasonable and has a good female vocalist. Well worth a visit.

Parky
I would definately recommend Rhodes Old Town, its great for just wandering about soaking up the sights and sounds but as a previous reply said just watch the restuarants and cafes that tout you in. You're much better finding a smaller back-street place.

As for the Electra Palace, we stayed there a couple of years ago. Hotel was in general OK, but the food was cr*p.
You can get the hydrofoil from the harbour to Turkey, book this yourself at the harbour, much cheaper than the rep's tours.

Can you or anyone remember how much this was?
I did this tour and the one to Simi witch is very good as for the one to Turkey, do remember that not only do you have to pay for the trip but once you get there you also have to pay them there Turks money to let you in and they keep you waiting about for as long as they can, they don't tell you that when you book it.

Dave
Well if you haven't been up to Acropolis in Lindos it's a bit tiring but worth
a look but go early to avoid the crowds and the heat, get's hot in Lindos!
Rick.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.