Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
most restaurants require long trousers
Thank you for your reply.
But what I really need a straight anwer to is. Can I wear smart casual shorts in the evening at the Bamburi beach hotel or do they have to be long ones. :?
Or long ones for dining only?
Can I chill out for a drink at night wearing smart shorts?
Please help and give me a straight answer as I am going very soon and need to know the score :roll:
Hi Harry

We stayed in the Voyager in summer - the hotel policy was long trousers for evening dinner - I did see them turn away people who turned up in shorts (smart or otherwise) - if you feel really uncomfortable then I can't see why you could not change after dinner - my hubby felt the same and wanted to wear shorts - but in the end he was Ok with it - stopped him getting bitten as well !!

I imagine the policy would be the same for all hotels - can you not pack both until after the first evening - then you will know what you can wear and get away with.??

One last point - My teenage son got away with wearing 3/4 trousers, and there were people not wearing "smart long trousers" (didn't see jeans though)
Tina x
Thanks Tina your a star, thats me sorted roll on 12 Nov 8) :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.