EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Believe me I do sympathise, but ten years ago we looked into buying property in Goa and we had grave doubts even then about the legality of foreign ownership in India.

I think that you, and others like you were the ones burying your heads in the sand. :(
my husband has just applied for an extension to his five year visa and now has been told he may be asked to leave the country,

Hi Poppetjay, yes but dont they mean leave the country to go back to UK for a new visa?? this is the case with many people i know applying for ex visas...who have been refused here they are asked to leave as their visa is running out and needs renewing.

I do sympathise with the people who have bought here, very worrying, but there are still a lot who dont seem to be having any problems...as yet?

Might interest you to know that some english people have started to get 5 year visas again and 2 year visas... a good sign.
The very best of luck to you, I hope it all turns out ok in the end
Chilly
  • Edited by chilly 2010-10-19 15:33:50
I do love people like you Max13biker who love to dwell on others misfortunes, i did not bury my head in the sand 8 years ago i did everything by the law in india, took advise and brought my property legally!! its now the government who are twisting things around to make money as usual.
My comment about burying your head in the sand was about people who constantly keep moaning about what is happening to FNs here and do not want to stand up and be counted, everyone who brought a property here legal or illegally on a tourist visa risks losing it and many of us are prepared to fight no matter what.
There has been atleast 5 people asked to leave goa and when they have applied for their visa back in the uk have been refused leaving them with their properties here and thats the ones we know about.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.