General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
We usually go away long haul in March , but have just spent a small fortune on a fitted bedroom and also want to improve and refresh some other rooms , but holidays haven't completely been taken off the to do list !! We are having a 2 day break at the end of March to Jersey , just after the clocks change , and then have to wait til June for 9 nights in a villa in Playa Blanca ( Lanzarote ) , we will also be going back there the first week in November for 7 nights , I think we will also book 2 night or weekends a couple of times too during the summer to visit places we want to see . I've just qualified for my Amex 241 voucher but won't be using that this year , but now have this in hand to use for next year , and I'm looking at possibly going to Malaysia , for a few days in KL then onto to Borneo as we went there quite a few years ago and would like to revisit , Following from another thread they fly the " Dreamliner " a 787 -9 there , but I have designs on seats in the First cabin or at worse in CW rather than the economy , and it would be our first flight on the mythical and magical Dreamliner :).
Back to Fuerteventura in June for 18 nights then nothing else planned.........Sulk & walking with head bowed & short shuffling steps.....
Malta, Lithuania, month in Malta, Slovenia and I might as well add on Caribbean cruise immediate start of January 2018.
Currently one week in villa in Majorca in MAY -nothing else planned -we were going to visit Oz late this year but health issues are precluding such long flights.:(
Dave would you manage it if you did a stopover? I have never been to Australia but think I would be climbing the walls if I didn't do a stop over!
The East Neuk of Fife in April, The Vendee in the summer and somewhere warm in the autumn.
@Fiona - we were planning stopovers both ways - but even then the flights are in excess of 7 hours, which I couldn't manage currently. Hopefully, things will have improved by later this year!!!
Hope so too for you Dave x
Something to look forward to!
  • Edited by Fiona 2017-02-28 00:27:06
The East Neuk of Fife in April, The Vendee in the summer and somewhere warm in the autumn.

Not quite the East Neuk Elaine, but can recommend a fantastic little B&B in Inverkeithing if you ever need one in that area
We've got the family break to Tenerife booked for June as well as a weekend in London to catch a show in September. I also travel around the UK a lot over the course of the year.
I'm off to Benalmadina on 14 th March. Staying at the Jupiter Apartments. I will leave a review when I get back home
We're looking forward to our long awaited return to Greece in June. We bought a touring caravan in 2009 and have taken our holidays in the UK ever since.
However, the pull to Greece has never faded and we are returning to Skiathos, one of our favourite islands, and the lovely resort of Koukanaries. Can't wait! We will still be away in our tourer for lots of breaks though. We have 10 days in East Yorkshire in mid March and a week in the Lincolnshire Wolds in August booked so far.
We are back to Greece for the first time in many years as well. Hope there are not too many changes.
You must take a walk around the Marina into La Carihuela Stevie. If you feel up to it walk the whole length of the prom, round the headland & into Torremolinos.

I love Carihuela. There's lots of Chiringuitos to stop at for a little light refreshments.
Where are we going?
La Carihuela (Torremolinos) - March
La Carihuela -July
La Carihuela -September

Sanji x
Matt, My in-laws have a small place in the East Neuk so that's where we go.
  • Edited by elaine80 2017-03-03 15:57:32
Not looking at any long haul or medium haul trips in the near future.
Crete at the end of next month.
UK at Easter , August and December.
Rhodes in October.
A few last minute short breaks to France, Italy and/or Austria in between the main holidays.
Judith- you make it sound as if you are barely going to be away:-D
steviedee- have you been there before?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.