EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Where to Buy?
7 Posts
Hi, A lot of people are starting to buy in Turkey. I`ve just recently bought in Altinkum and have been reliably informed that prices are going up 30% a year. It also came third in ` a place in the sun` top 20. You don`t have neccessarily all year round flights but things may change when they join the euro. I`ve just bought with http://www.albatrossturkishproperties.com but there are plenty of others to choose from to get an idea. Best of luck,Tibbs.
You may well be able to get a 2 bed apartment in the Paralimni/Famagusta area in Cyprus for your budget.

There's quite a lot of new build in the area and prices seem to be starting to boom.

I bought my property through INVALID URL there's a very helpful Irish girl called Trish who'll give you some pointers.
There is also Malta & Gozo
I bought through Frank Salt Estate Agents. they have just joined Europe. It's a small island and anywhere is only 45 mins away. Most speak english and legal speak is all in english. No tax to pay annually and no local tax or rates.
Forget about the Canaries. I'm afraid you won't get anything worth renting out here for your budget. Property prices are high due to the year-round renting potential.
Hi Tequila

I have a place in Mojacar - Almeria. Almeria is beautiful and there are areas of real interest and contrast, you can ski in the morning during winter Months in the Sierra Nevad and then sit in the sun down on the Coast for lunch.

You will find something slightly inland for your budget but it may need some work. Anything coastal will be 95K +

Good Luck
Diane
Hi Tequila

As you will guess from my name, I am going to say Turkey, you will get a large apartment or small villa for your budget if you look hard, I would sugest the Fethiye region, but Bodrum ia good or Altinkum which is probably the cheapest of the three. You have a choice, touristy complexes, quiet country or main towns, just depends on your tastes
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.