Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe.
The Rhineland is nice, I especially like Rudeshiem; Cologne if you fancy somewhere a bit bigger. If you go in October, then one of the beer festivals might appeal. For city breaks, what about Berlin, or Hamburg? If its beaches you want, try the Baltic coast, or maybe you'd like to try a boating holiday on the waterways & lakes around Mecklenberg ... :que
If you could give us some idea of your preferences, then we might be able to help you narrow it down a bit ;)
Just a shot in the dark but would you be interested in beer? I don't mean the typical get drunk quick approach but something more appreciative. If so I can offer a few suggestions!
I live in Germany and have visited a lot of the cities, my favourite is Munich but you really need to tell us what you are really interested in.
or wine ............?!

Or bathing outside in hot thermal water?
Alsacienne, surely those 2 are best enjoyed together? :cheers
Now who mentioned German beer??? AAahhh fabulous stuff and I am female and would not touch beer over here. As for German wines, breads, cheeses, kase spatzle, schnitzel oh I could go on and on.

We are just back from the Black Forest and stayed in Titisee and can recommend an excellent hotel with superb food as well. The whole region is very nice and as is mentioned in another thread you get a "Konus" card from your hotel which allows you to travel free of charge in the whole Black Forest region on trains buses and trams. You pay a tourist tax on top of your hotel bill (2 euros per person per night) for the card and it is such a fantastic brilliant thing for tourists. The other big plus is the German trains are excellent, run on time and I mean precisely on time, are clean and you will find alot of the small towns and villages are accessible by train.

Another beautiful area, more mountainous is Bavaria. Back to Mittnewald for us in June 2009 and maybe Berchtesgaden area in Sept 09.

Germany is our favourite Country with the high standards, excellent beer, (weisen or weiss beer being the best in mine and hubby's opinion) and beautiful towns, villages, lots of walks all well signposted. It really puts Britain to shame!!
I've created a monster!!! Calm down Wendy!

For anyone interested in the subject as well as the effects of German beer I recommend the book "Good Beer Guide to Germany" especially at the price Amazon are offering it for!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Good-Guide-Germany-Steve-Thomas/dp/1852492198/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1221844776&sr=1-7
Looks a good book Steve! What a job, touring and tasting all those beers in such a wonderful Country!

I am away to write a review of the Hotel and will see if it can be added to the list of Hotels.
Glad you enjoyed Titisee - one of my favourite weekend jaunts for a change of air! Next time you are over, send me a pm and we can meet up either on your side of the border or on mine and enjoy some local produce .........
Alsacienne wrote:
Glad you enjoyed Titisee - one of my favourite weekend jaunts for a change of air! Next time you are over, send me a pm and we can meet up either on your side of the border or on mine and enjoy some local produce .........

How nice that would be. Are you in France??

Note for mods - Is it possible the Parkhotel Waldeck Titisee can be added to the hotels and I can post my review.

Thanks to Steve as well for the hotel recommendation and for all the invaluable travel info :tup
Hi sugarbabe

If you need any hotels added you can request them in the sticky topic at the top of the Help & Assistance forum near the bottom of the main page.

I have added your hotel HERE. It's under Other Destinations.

luci :wave
Thank you very much, review submitted :cheers

It was nice to re-live the week in writing the review!!
Many thanks for the review.

If you need any more hotels added, even ones you are just considering, just post them in the H&A forum.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.