Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
hi

we stayed in the north and had a fab time. We stayed at the VH Gran ventana beach resort. The stretch of beach for the hotel was beautiful, white sand and clear water, brill for snorkling :tup The hotel was set in loverly grounds, food was plentiful, good quality and varied. Havent visited the south, it is on our list of places to visit tho :cheers

Lily. x :sun2
Hey,

Thanks for your reply :) I've just been looking at hotels in the north as think I would prefer to return there.. was there much going on in the Gran Ventana during the day and evening?

:tup
There was something going on all day there :D There is also a quiet pool where you can lay and chill out ;) There is also a bar at the quiet pool. In the main pool there is music and the usual pool games and water aerobics (i didnt partake) :rofl A short walk up the beach there are catermaran trips. There is a small shopping mall a short walk from reception and a few bars if you fancy a beer-my OH was landed he could get a stella :cheers

Lily. x
Have you tried any of the Riu hotels in Puerto Plata? we stayed in the Riu Merengue and loved it. The beauty of these Riu hotels is that there are 3 next to each other and you can use the facilities of all 3, including eating meals in all of them. The only stipulation is that you eat breakfast in the hotel you're booked into.

Although we were staying in the Merengue we spent most days at the pool of the Bachata as it had a swim-up bar :cheers The evening entertainment was better at the Merengue though.

I'm not sure how these hotels measure up now as it's a number of years since we visited. having said that, in my experience you can't go wrong in a Riu hotel.
I agree with Shirley H we have been to the Merengue twice now, both times absolutely fantastic, went last year for the second time. Took part in everything, but such good fun. We are going to the Riu Bambu (South) this year, so would totally recommend the Riu chain of hotels. Something for everyone, such a choice.

Enjoy.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.