General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Where in spain?
14 Posts
Menorca has some lovely beaches and is great for young children. I would have thought it would work out quite expensive to eat out if going self catering, so would look at least h/b if not AI :D
I agree, have a look at Menorca. Cala'n Bosch is lovely and ideal for families. I'd go for self catering everytime, lots of nice restaurants around the marina..prices pretty much on a par to UK, as I recall. Two nice beaches..June a good time to go in my opinion.

First Choice and Thomson do 10/11 day holidays to Menorca but these get snapped up pretty quickly but you could research doing it DIY.

The short flight (just over 2hrs) is a bonus also.
Good point about looking at DIY. GB airways (which I suppose will be Easyjet) have flights in June coming in at £430 for 5 people. Travel Republic (using promotion code getsomesun) have Rafalet apartments £404 for 10 nights or Cala Galdana hotel £1210 for 10 nights H/B.

There are lots more to look at :D
bartown.
What time of year were you thinking about ? because it's worth remembering that some resorts in the med close down or are so quiet, that you may be forgiven for thinking you have booked into a cemetry.

Sanjiiiiiii
Biased answer coming up but it ticks all the boxes - Mojacar Playa in Costa Almeria.

Mojacar Playa is a low rise and beach holiday destination accessible through Almeria, Murcia, Alicante, Granada airports. (Almeria Airport is 45 mins drive). These airports are served by all the low cost airlines.

There is a choice of many beautiful beaches. Good quality restaurants are in abundance. There are many childrens free play areas along the playa. If you enjoy driving, car rental is cheap and there are many places to visit. But, if you enjoy lazing about Mojacar is suitable also.

Mojacar Playa is populated by Spanish and Expats alike and English is the spoken language, but please do not confine yourself to Brit type restaurants only as the Spanish give real good value.

Mojacar Pueblo is a mile distant and if you do not fancy the walk there is a local bus service. Mojacar Pueblo is situated on top a small mountain and is a typical white Spanish village. It has stunning views, beautiful narrow streets and a plethora of magnificent restaurants with mouthwatering value menus.

In my opinion Mojacar is alarmingly suitable for the under 16s and the over 25s. And while it has been a holiday destination for years it appears to be many peoples best kept secret. Vera Aquapark is a short drive or busride distant.

One word of advice, if you are booking a private apartment ensure all the boxes are ticked like location, walking distance to beach (5 mins is a long walk in the heat), swimming pool, supermarket, restaurants etc not forgetting ten days aspect. If you need further advice please PM me.

I reckon the whole holiday including car rental would cost you no more than GBP£1150 for five people. Spending money would be extra.
Menorca. We have been here 9x with our children and love it, we also went to mojacar this year, never again.

Compared to menorca it is too built up and not the cleanest of places.

Arenal d'en castell is the place to go, a beautiful horseshoe bay, 1 family hotel, and the rest are apart hotels or self catering. An excellant choice of restaurants with good quality food.
i would say ibiza,es cana is ideal for families. mo.
The Mojacar area is fab, as busy or as quiet as you want it. We have a house in Vera Playa which is ideal for families. If you hire an a private apartment or house or villa you can easily get 10 days which is a nice break. Not too long, not too short. There are lots of cultural things to do in the area as well. The AquaPark is near enough along with the theme park where all the Spaghetti Westerns were made. The nicest thing about the area though is the fact that the Spanish go there for their holidays!!! Just find the restaurants they eat in and you wont go wrong, good food at good prices!
We went to Alcudia in Majorca a few times when my kids were small. The beaches there are great and the sea is really shallow till quite far out. There is plenty of places to eat. We went S/C.

Jo
I used to take my children to Majorca when they were little, and also Salou. They were both ideal places for us, and short transfers from the airport, which was an important factor for me.
I'd plump for Menorca as well - you don't get lots of teenagers and the resorts are quiet yet geared up for families.

Es Cana in Ibiza I agree is also good for families with youngsters everything close at hand :tup
I would go with Calan Bosch in Menorca as well. My (then) 3 year old loved it. The beach is lovely (although does get quite busy during peak times), the Marina is lovely to walk around on an evening with plenty of restaurants that cater for everyone but especially children. Kids play area called goody goody that has bouncy castles, free pool, water slides etc and a waterpark in the resort. Perfect for families with young children.

We love Menorca and have been to Calan Bosch several times.

Sarah :)
Arenal d'en Castell suited me just fine when the girls were younger. Very family friendly
Lally
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.