America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Hi,

We went to Disney in 2003 and booked it all thru Virgin, it was lovely but I think we paid a lot more than we needed to.

We are going back next summer, I have recently booked Virgin flights thru Opodo (saving us £490 on the price with Virgin for 2adults and one child - this saving will pay for our car hire!) I am currently thinking of booking Cypress Pointe a 2 bedroomed apartment with washer/dryer, in the Lake Buena Vista area, central to parks and within walking distance of some restaurants (which is a bonus) the prices are £730ish Last time we went we had a condo and really like the space, also you get a jacuzzi bath which is wonderful after a day walking round the parks.

I will get our tickets next year bur definately before we go, we will do all of Disney and Discovery Cove again as its so wonderful but may leave out Universal (or get tickets when there).

Lots of my friends do tend to book full packages with hotels, flights, car etc and get really good deals as well.

Good Luck
Have you tried Funway holidays?

http://www.funwayholidays.co.uk

I usually book with Virgin, but for the same hotels, i saved £2500 for a family of 4.

Their phone number is...

0870-990-3333

You can do a costing on the net or phone direct, they are very helpful.

Good luck.

Michelle xx
If you want a package it might also now be worth looking at First Choice/Eclipse Direct. They have introduced new planes on their long haul with seat back TV's and wider seat pitch i.e. the sort of stuff you only used to get if you went Virgin, BA etc but hopefully with First Choice prices and not Virgin prices.

Must be worth checking out and doing a comparison. Good Luck. :D
This website is very good if you are looking to stay in a villa

http://www.villas2000.com

Nigel
Try also Travel City Direct.

Get a package the first time by all means, but you will probably get a better deal by doing a fly drive and arranginging accommodation separately ...and especially if you want to stay in a villa or hotel off site (non Disney) - depends whether you have the confidence and time to research companies & prices on te net.
One thing to point out, you're actually looking to travel to Disney World Florida and not Disneyland. If you walk into a travel agent and just say you want to go to Disneyland you might end up in California and not Florida!
Oh I don't know...some might say that California is much more interesting. :wink:
I visited Florida last year for the first time in June. We managed to get a really good deal travelling with Flyglobespan from Glasgow. We stayed in the Howard Johnson Maingate West which was 5 mins on bus to Disney Parks (Free Shuttle from outside hotel). :lol:
What did you think of the Howard Johnson? Are the rooms still dingy brown and cream or have they refurbished them?
The rooms were quite dark and dingy but OK for what we paid. Don't know if I would go back there though

:?
Oh dear. That is sad. I stayed there 8 years ago-thought it was akin to an army barracks with all that black tarmac-fortunately it wa sonly for one night till the villa became available.

Sorry to see that things haven't changed at all there.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.