Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Have you thought about spending a few days in the actual city of Alicante?
Many places of interest and history,and a true feeling of a proper Spanish city.
I will look into that, it never really occured to me to say in Alicante as i don't hear of anyone staying there, plus I presumed it would be quite busy, but as long as it is nothing like Benidorm, then I will be happy enough

Thanks
I wouldn't say that you should stay there all week but it's an option for a couple of days before moving on elsewhere.I go every June for the City's fiesta week and really enjoy it there,we always go for 5 days but obviously in June the weather is gorgeous and you can spend hours on the city's beautiful beaches as well as enjoying the city itself.It is a typical Spanish city but does have a tourtist season (not package tours)but it is absolutely nothing like Benidorm.I dont think it will be too busy in February.

The other places you may like on the Costa Blanca are Altea which is nice,Calpe and Denia.
Have a look at Albir ,nice and quiet in Feb
I am going for 2 nights next weekend with cheap old ryan air, staying in Tryp Sol for £64 for 2 :tup It looks nice and full of tapas bars and cobbled streets, I hope the weather is a bit warmer than it is here though
There is quite a lot of information about the different resorts on costa blanca in this newsletter/website http://www.alicante-spain.com/newsletter/alicante-costa-blanca-newsletter-02-2006.html
You can see videos, download guidebooks etc.
We enjoyed a few days in Alicante in October, but the weather wasn't great.
Lovely beach, castle, esplanade, and lots of places to eat and drink. The old whitewashed town is just underneath the castle, and well worth a look.
kate
(vegasone- we stayed at Tryp Gran Sol- it was fine, except we were expecting a balcony, and there are only about 4 in the hotel! Brilliant views from the room though, and even more so from the restaurant on top floor.)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.