Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
i would say the colon 2, its quite, no group parties of the same sex allowed, this is in las amercias, but not in a rowdy area,lovely pool area even got lemon/lime trees in one corner (lovely sliced up in iced water) but close enough for all your needs have a look at the hotel reviews for the colon :tup
hi loscristanos is a great place nice places to eat out nice beaches not rowdy and la vista beach is lovely some nice places to stay as well victoria court 1 or 2 apartments are nice places can book through http://www.tlcholidays.co.uk/ http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk /http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/canaries hese are private apartments which are really well equipt

also another nice area is costa adeje and fanabe area and porta colon have a search on goole gets loads of info
we go tenerife twice a year going again in 3 weeks then back in feb love the place and nice warm weather
from sue
Hi Little Legs and Sue :wave:

Thanks for your help, I will come back on here tonight and have a look at those places you mention, hopefully we will be able to find something suitable. Looking forward to some winter sun! :sun2

Thanks again :tup
Hi

You could look at Parque Santiago 3 for a great pool and a good location.
I agree parque santiago 3 and the colon 2 are both lovely places to stay. And the surrounding area is nice, with great bars and restaurants.

personally i wouldn't to go los cristianos, it is lovely and busy during the day, but a lot of the bars can be quiet later on at night.
Thanks wickedchris :tup

I have taken all your comments into account and have looked at lots of travel sites, but I am a bit disappointed that they aren't as cheap as I'd hoped :(

We've already had a family summer holiday so this is going to be something extra, just to perk up the winter! ;)

We want to go self catering to sample the restaurants (we go full board in the summer and get fed up with the hotel food), and we only want one week, we were hoping to get something for a couple of hundred pounds each, but most holidays are coming out at nearer three hundred pounds each. Maybe I am looking too early?? :que

I will keep looking, failing that I will take a trip to town and see if the travel agents can come up with a cheapy for us.

We've set our hearts on Tenerife now (we've never been before), so I hope to be sunbathing there in a month's time :sun2
what date do you want to go?

where can you fly from?

how long for?

and i'll see what i can come up with, you may have to wait till tomorrow, as i'm of out later, but i'll see what i can find.

ps i'm there in november as well
That was quick Chris, thanks! :)

We want to go in November for 7 days, any time from Tuesday 18th.

We live in Lowestoft so Norwich is our nearest airport, but don't hold out much hope of flying from Norwich, not much happening from there, so would fly from any of the London airports.

It's just for me and my husband (teenage sons are staying with grandparents).

Self catering.

We would like a pool with plenty of room for sunbathing.

We are in our early forties and are past nightclubs and rowdy behaviour, so definitely don't want anywhere used by 18-30 clubs!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We have been looking at Los Cristianos or Playa de las Americas because they aren't far from the airport (don't want to spend much time travelling as only there for a week).

Thanks for your help. :)
can you do 9 nights or is 7 your maximum
just done a quick search and i'd probably go for this.

monarch flights http://flights.monarch.co.uk/index.asp

leaving luton on the 18th at 08.00 - 12.30
returning on the 25th 13.30 - 17.30

with 20kg on baggage each, flight comes to £232 for both of you. play around with the site, remember to remove there insurance, pay for your luggage, and don't bother paying for seats together.

right accommodation

http://www.hotelopia.co.uk

have the los cardones apts, it is a studio, but it's only £243 for you both for the week, the location of these apts are good, there in the flat end of las americas, just over the road and round the corner from some fab bars.

In put your dates and search click on select for the studio in the accommodation, next page click on, i have discount code or voucher, and put in the numbers 358422 click enter and you get 10% discount code.

A 10 min walk to a lovely beach, and you can walk it to los cristianos in 30 mins, well worth it.

There are plenty of taxis at the airport and to this end of las americas, it will cost you just under 25 euros, £18 pound.

So

flights 232
accom 243
taxis 36

total = £511

i will look and see if i can get cheaper, but i'm of out tonight
or you could book with thomascook

and go on the 18th for a week staying at the playa olid apts for a total of £502, which is just a bit cheaper.
How about Malibu Park in PDLA, with Thomas Cook. The description on the webiste describes it as being in the 'quieter' parts of the resort, so away from Veronicas and the 18-30 crowd (not that there'll be much of an 18-30 crowd in mid-November). Comes to around £444 for both of you from Gatwick, or £460 from Stansted, departing on the 18th

If you're concerned about price, you're definately better off going for a package, as you can get some good deals out there during the off-peak periods. Try Thomas Cook, First Choice, Thomson etc.
malibu park is in a quiter part of tenerife.

But it is over the motorway and up a steep hill, and you'd probably end up spending a few quid on taxis.

But you do get what you pay for.

Plus dont' forget that you have to add on the cost of luggage, and some transfers.

good luck
It appears that there is supposed to be a weekly flight to Tenerife from Norwich across the Winter season, however I can't seem to find it on any of the main tour operators, and flight-only websites are drawing a blank. I have a sneaky suspicion it may have been due to be operated by LTE.

Alternatively, how about the Las Piramides apartments with Thomson. My friend is there now and hasn't complained yet, which from her is a good sign. During the Summer it is supposed to be an 18-30 hotel, but in November it is simply part of Thomson's standard range. As I said, you shouldn't have much of a problem with regards to 18-30s in mid-November. It is close to the beach and the centre of the resort, so there is plenty to be doing in and around the hotel. All for £474 including in-flight meals (£446 without), transfers, luggage etc flying from Luton on the 18th November. Alternatively, fly from Gatwick on the 24th November for £438 with meals (£410 without).
Thanks everyone :)

Steview - at last we have booked somewhere (yesterday) and it's actually Las Piramides which is a coincidence seeing as your friends are there at the moment! What a relief to read that your friends have no complaints (so far!).

We went into Thomson's travel agents, told them our requirements and we depart Luton airport at 7.00 am on Tuesday, 18th November for a week, self catering, includes extras and inflight meals (£492). We are really pleased with that deal and can't wait to go. We did note on opinion sites that it is used by 18-30s in the summer, which we wouldn't have liked, but as you say in November hopefully it won't be a problem. We're not expecting luxury, we've noted lots of comments on it (good and bad), but we basically want somewhere to lie in the sun and have a wander about in the evening, and this place sounds OK for that.

Thank you everyone so much for your help with my request, it is really appreciated.

Cheers :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.