General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
On an Air-plane in the First Class Cabin on my way to Hawaii for a month
To be fair I love the wind and rain when warm in doors - weird as it sounds.
Miss Pink
Yes that sounds good! And I haven't been there yet!
Lance- I know what you mean.
On a beach in the Caribbean with a large Cuba libre by my side!
Somewhere warm (not too hot) with crystal clear water, a couple of nice beach bars serving decent food. Beach occupied by a handful of people.

Or a log cabin with a roaring fire & thick, fresh snow outside. Clear night skies with thousands of stars. 😁
Cape Town or somewhere along the Garden Route, South Africa
Anywhere warmer and with longer daylight hours than here at the moment! This is a good time of year to get exactly that in Cuba :-)
Lance - I know what you mean i don't mind the rain and the wind when i am in and I sleep as sound as a pound when it is colder. However somewhere hot sounds good to me:)
Anywhere with daylight beyond 3pm. I live and work just south of Glasgow and at 3pm today it dark (the schools were closed here at lunchtime because of a weather warning).
Have you a lot of snow Elaine?
We used to do a lot of backpacking & I loved the sound of the rain on the tent 👍 Like to hear it bouncing off caravan roofs as well 👍
It hasn't been too bad here but we live on a major road in one of the bigger towns in South Lanarkshire so the road is gritted. Further south in the council area has had it bad with folk stuck overnight on the M74 near the Dumfries and Galloway boundary.
Anywhere with sunshine and longer days. Frozen snow here.
No snow here today.
:)
(Trying and failing to add pics via a link :( )
  • Edited by ukbill 2018-01-21 03:08:22
http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n545/ukbill2/ForHTruths/Collage4.jpg
http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n545/ukbill2/ForHTruths/Collage1.jpghttp://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n545/ukbill2/ForHTruths/Collage2.jpgSuccess at last!
This is way better than snow and ice!
  • Edited by ukbill 2018-01-22 03:45:13
Just in case folk didn't spot the subtle ( :) ?) clues - it's Thailand, and 32C, clear blue skies, hot sunshine. A great escape from the horrible winter in Scotland.
Looks lovely! Where about are you in Thailand?
Believe it or not - Pattaya right now - which has a bit of a 'reputation'. It has been much upgraded over the years, vast amounts of money spent on improvements and facilities. I've also been up to Bangkok for a day, and also out to the islands using the amazingly cheap ferries. I normally visit Thailand a couple of times each year, to escape our increasingly bad winters.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.