Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Go for The Aqua Blu lots more to do than Sunrise and the food is better quality

My blog here
my pictures (well some of them)here
Though I have not been to the Aqua Blu I would pick it in preference to a Sunrise Hotel (have stayed in one of these and wouldn't want to try another).
Meerkat2505 wrote:
Though I have not been to the Aqua Blu I would pick it in preference to a Sunrise Hotel (have stayed in one of these and wouldn't want to try another).

We stayed NEXT door to one that was enough the folk grumbling as they went walking
Looked at the Aqua Blu for my holiday in two weeks and seriously considered it, but still chose the Hilton....think I am scared to try somewhere new after the Sunrise experience in November. No wonder I need another holiday!!!
Thanks all i must admit we were going to book Sunrise tirana aqua park its a bit cheaper but will now think again
thanks all
Dave
Ok thanks all we have booked the Aqua blu for june 30th 14 nights with travel republic got them to price match on the beach so all is well
Dave :)
I don't think you'll be disappointed Dave, either with Aqua Blu or the fact that you've booked with TR rather than OTB
I've booked with both companies in the past, and TR really do know what customer service is compared to OTB - if you need any reassurance on that score, check out the lengths the TR guy goes to in sorting out problems [not that you'll have any am sure :tup ]

dont forget that as AI Aqua Blu customers, you can use the sister hotel's beach and your wristband will get you drinks and lunch - it's a stone's throw and really not worth catching the free minibus unless you fancy winding a certain nationality up in the rush for seats haha

also, I beleive that you can also use your wristband for the 1001 Arabian Nights evening at a sister complex - am gutted though that we only found out about this after we'd come home
maybe madcaravanner can tell you more - or there's mention of the offer on TripAdviser

Have a great time!!
fanny wrote:
dont forget that as AI Aqua Blu customers, you can use the sister hotel's beach and your wristband will get you drinks and lunch - it's a stone's throw and really not worth catching the free minibus unless you fancy winding a certain nationality up in the rush for seats haha

also, I beleive that you can also use your wristband for the 1001 Arabian Nights evening at a sister complex - am gutted though that we only found out about this after we'd come home
maybe madcaravanner can tell you more - or there's mention of the offer on TripAdviser

Have a great time!!

Re Fantasia - no unfortunately although it is owned by the same company there are no discounts -- we complained about this to guest relations too
We didn't eat atthe Albatros Beach but the bars OK
As for the minibus Fanny I agree with you just wind them Russians up I have a DSLR lens still in repair thanks to one of them
Thanks fanny sounds great we have used Travel Republic before so thats why i have stuck with them never had any probs just a few questions are the towels provided round the pools and is there any probs getting a sun bed without getting up at silly o clock
also i have read if you tip the staff with pound coins ? they will look after you with the drinks ,beds ect?
thinking of booking a trip or two seen this web site has anybody used them http://www.sharmexcursions.com/

thanks Dave

ps the mini bus sounds fun ;)
Towels no probs you get clean pool towels every day -- they broke out some new ones while we were there very fluffy too

We didn't have too much trouble with sunbeds but it was November even so for ease we grabbed ours around 8:45 on the way to breakfast

WE only actually tipped one guy and that was the waiter doing the Shish pipes the others change so often it was difficult AND most bars had pots where they put all the tips anyway

Once you have walked to the beach (try the public one off Sea Road too) you realise he mini bus is a waste of time except to wind Russians up
Cheers madcaravanner we will be doing some snorkelling is it better to take the stuff with you or buy out there
thanks Dave :)
I have my stuff as a scuba diver I got my mask adapted so I don't need to wear contacts -- I'm blind without me specs ;)

There is plenty of choice BUT I would go to your local dive shop and buy a mask there then they will help you get one that fits properly For fins it doesn't really mater you can buy them anywhere -- in fact my "pool" fins came from Mallorca whereas my big ones I bought here
Hi Dave, I see madcaravanner has replied already :tup
gutted to learn that the Fantasia's not included in the AI cos it was on our to-do list for our next visit. Someone posted on TripAdviser about it being included, but they asked at the main [public] entrance to Aqua Blu rather than at the Aqua Blu [hotel] reception so it'd be worth trying I reckon ??

Anyway, have a great time!!
fanny wrote:
Hi Dave, I see madcaravanner has replied already :tup
gutted to learn that the Fantasia's not included in the AI cos it was on our to-do list for our next visit. Someone posted on TripAdviser about it being included, but they asked at the main [public] entrance to Aqua Blu rather than at the Aqua Blu [hotel] reception so it'd be worth trying I reckon ??

Anyway, have a great time!!

Did yuo take a peek at the "Intrance price" :rofl works out around £3 each for the dancing area can't remember how much Emil wanted for the Light show
Hi Gray, we didn't check out anything about the 1001 nights cos I only read about it on TA after we'd got back

It's worth mentioning too that the only money I spent at all was £12 for the Egyptian night at Aqua Blu itself and the buffet they put on was fantastic - though the food they usually put on was great, they excelled themselves with the one at the Egyptian night
All in all, we thought it was money well spent for both the entertainment and also the food
fanny wrote:
Hi Gray, we didn't check out anything about the 1001 nights cos I only read about it on TA after we'd got back

It's worth mentioning too that the only money I spent at all was £12 for the Egyptian night at Aqua Blu itself and the buffet they put on was fantastic - though the food they usually put on was great, they excelled themselves with the one at the Egyptian night
All in all, we thought it was money well spent for both the entertainment and also the food

:rofl

We spent a bit more -- well the wife did on a private Quad trip and Go-Karting SHE didn't want to pay for the buffet so I got over-ruled :(

Though if I could work out how they made their Egyptian bread................................ we loved it

next BIG trip is Cyprus for a change
we are going to the aqua blu in july only thing we will be doing is the quad bikes and diving do we have to have a visa?
Hi Puppet, I think the need for a visa will depend on where your excursion will take you.
THere's a separate thread on Visas which will prob answer your question though :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.