Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
First Choice, Gambia Experience, Olympic and Thomas Cook all fly to the Gambia.
We called in First Choice yesterday. It was there we heard that only one TO was going to Gambia next year. Unfortunately we were in a bit of a rush and couldn't wait for her to find out who. :duh
Glad we have just booked a last minute to go then . Superb value for money.
I'm not surprised by anything the travel industry is doing at the moment but I would have thought destinations outside the euro zone would be very popular next year.
First Choice have pulled out of quite a few medium to long haul destinations in the last year.
Helen,
the TA at First Choice said it's in the First Choice tropical brochure, which you've told me not to open until tomorrow :rofl
I know that Shirley, but I thought she said that only one other TO was going there in 2010.
I am very surprised if the TOs' have pulled out. We have just come back from a great week there, and our flights were completely full both ways, the hotel seemed full and resort pretty busy with holidaymakers from the UK.
We went with First Choice, but there was also a lot of Thomas Cook holidaymakers in our hotel.
I would have thought if people were going anywhere for winter sun, it would still be popular as it wasn't too expensive, wasn't long haul and was lovely and hot (in the 30's). They were our criteria and it met them all fully.
Hi Alfie - we were told that they couldn't fill the flights :que
Just did a quick search on the internet and all the companies AuntieAggy mentioned are still doing the Gambia next year, so would assume the travel agent you went to maybe was talking about the companies she deals with. So looks like there is still plenty of choice.
thomas cook, first choice, thomsons. It is becoming quite a popular destination. Best to travel in UK winter months
Direct Holidays fly from Manchester to Gambia in the winter brochure they sent us a few days ago.

try http://www.directholidays.co.uk
Its certainly worth it, I went there about 5 years ago.

It stood out as a fantastic holiday for me that I will never forget.
HI Those companies under TUI group now mostly fly thomas cook flights ,TC using larger 767s but there are less flights coming in and out. Sitting each day watching for the aircraft to fly overhead prior to landing one sees the quantity of UK flights has visibly and sadly diminished.Also the bankrupt companies are now gone, and hotels are being offered on discount as never before,travelling around and on the beaches the amount of tourists are visibly less :( ,CHEERS ENJOY SUNSHINE COAST Maxie :fly :fly
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.