Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
who's next
22 Posts
Not until August 30th for us - a three week stay and then back again for 11 nights over Christmas - Christmas Dinner already booked - seventeen courses last year and an obscene amount of wine. ;) :glynis
Not booked yet, but hopefully for a week in October.
... just counted - 11 weeks tomorrow !!!! :sulk
great, were out again in oct/nov for another 9 glorious nights; on our own this time ;)
Just got back. Went to Seville for 3 nights on the way and walked our socks off seeing all the sights, then a few days recovering in Albufeira after which we were joined by the family for half term week. Fun time had by all, mostly at the beaches and in the pool, but we did go to the sand sculptures too. It's "Idols" this year. Weather was hot hot hot.

Next trip is with friends for 12 nights in September/October. :cheers
6 weeks monday staying at windmill hill,it will be our 9th time in albuferia cant wait :cheers :sun2
Mid Sept for 3 weeks...back to Cabanas.....can't wait!!!
Pat 42 wrote:
Mid Sept for 3 weeks...back to Cabanas.....can't wait!!!

Has Cabanas changed much since they made the, was it a bridge Pat?
A return to Cabanas in September for us. We have'nt been since 2008 so are really looking forward to it!! :cheers
3 days ... Staying on windmill hill ... 1st time to Algarve !!! Xx
Hope you have a great time, Ali. :wave
We leave on Wednesday for 2 weeks in Praia da Luz. :D
Well ali5 is there now - am jealous x

Have a great time brodev :sun2

Looking forward to reading both your reports :cheers
Not that I am counting, but its 15 weeks for me.
:think the real holidaymaker that must be around mid June?

Have you been before? we went on an allocated on arrival a few years ago for a late week in October, our first time to Portugal and when we were told it was Albufeira we were going I though 'oh no' however it was brilliant and we really enjoyed it particularly the Old Town, we must go back again.

Graham

Edit: having had a look around I think you might have been once or twice before :rofl
Hello Graham, yes I have been there before this will be our 6th time in Albufeira, just for the record we have stayed at the Brisa Sol one New year and we are going back there this summer, we have also stayed at the hotel next door Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa twice, once with the old pool and once with the new one.

Belavista once, and two I would never go back to, Paladim Aparthotel and the Residencial Vila Bela.

We have been to Lagos twice staying in the Hotel Marina Rio and the Hotel Tivoli Lagos. Then we have been to Tavira twice and both time we have stayed in the Vila Gale Tavira and will be going back there in October.

Last of all we have also been to Estoril for a two week summer holiday staying at the Hotel Sana Estoril and three long weekend trips to Lisbon, were we also stayed in the Sana Executive Hotel.

So as you can see we like the Portugal and find the Algarve to be just what we like.

P S it will be the last week in June but most of our holiday will be in July.
Am sure you'll have a brilliant time Dave, hot :sun2
We've been a few times too to the Algarve, have stayed three times in Lagos. Once in Salema, once in Cabanas and once in Old Town Albufeira all private rental apart from Albufeira, when I went with a friend for a few days, and we stayed in one of the hotels over looking the beach. Always had a fantastic holiday :tup
Well I am sure you will all like to know I have just printed of our tickets for our next trip to the Algarve, this time its Tavira. Really looking forward to it, we have just moved house and we have spent 5 weeks doing it up as it was in a bit of a mess. We like Tavira it is a nice peaceful place after the mad house that is Albufeira, so we fly out on the 6 of October for 1 week at the Vila Gale Tavira from East Midlands airport, nice to go from a airport near home, just booked and paid for the car park, just need some euros now to spend on all that nice food, boat trips to the beach they say its 11 miles long, I have never walked it seems a bit far to me. May have a train ride to V R S A and get the ferry to Spain for a few hours and also get the train to Faro that's always a nice day out, or get the bus to Santa Luzie for some nice fish lunches. Perhaps on Friday night a trip to the Black Anchor for a meal down by the river and then do a song on the Karaoke, but most of all we look forward to a nice weeks rest.
Sounds lovely, it feels like you have only just come back.

Doe :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.