Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Why?
5 Posts
Out of the three I have only visited Malia and that was quite a few years ago when we were staying in Stalis, which is walking distance from it. Perhaps they are cheaper as they have already been ruined for anyone not in their teens or early twenties? I have no idea if Stalis has retained its non nightclub resort status- probably not but that might be an idea, stay in Malia but spend evenings in Stalis?
Been to Crete 3 times and to be honest, It's not my cup of tea, so Malia is out.
Some of the prices are really rock bottom. Under £500 for a week for 2 people. I may consider booking one and using it just for the flight, then finding accommodation elsewhere on booking.com.
Or maybe try and get a last minute bargain.
2 years ago we could of gone to Alykes in Zante for 2 weeks for under £400 leaving in 5 days. But we had already booked. So maybe that's an idea.
  • Edited by Inca 2018-04-01 08:24:58
When you say Crete is not your cup of tea, what don't you like about the island? I'm going to Crete in 3 weeks time, it will be my fifth
visit in four years and I really love the island. I went to Rhodes last year in October and although I enjoyed my holiday I prefer Crete.
@Judith - As you say, you went to Rhodes but prefer Crete.
I'm the same. The island I've been to most is Zante and prefer this over Crete.
I think some of the transfer times in Crete (Ag Nik as an example) are horrendous and that puts me off.
Crete is large and there is plenty to see and do, but I prefer other islands.
I much prefer a smaller island like Zante.

This year we are off to Kos for the first time in 18 years and am looking forward to it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.