Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Check the Ts and Cs of your booking, specifically the cancellation policy.

Do also check your insurance policy.

Mark :)
Thanks Mark,

....Technically we didn't cancel our booking, the airlines and the Volcano did.

However Wimpens CANCELLATION POLICY is very basic. Please see below:

If cancellation is:

More than 56 days before occupation - Deposit only retained
22 - 56 days before occupation - 50 % retained
11 - 21 days before occupation - 75 % retained
04 - 10 days before occupation - 90 % retained
00 - 03 days before occupation - 100 % retained

If the full payment/deposit is not received by the dates stated on your invoice then the right to cancel your provisional booking is retained.
The resort reserves the right to re-allocate your booking within the same complex on a like for like basis.
...............................................................................................................................................

There must be thousands of people who had paid for Villas that week who were unable, like us , to get there.
We can't be a unique case?
Cheers
Darren
Looks like this is a Spanish timeshare Company?

I think you're going to find it difficult to get any monies back from them.

Your only hope now is your travel insurance.

Mark :)
Hi Darren
I remember Wimpey builders building Las Brisas :D. Who did you speak to - Wimpen or Las Brisas? I am surprised that they won't transfer your booking under the circumstances. I think I would be trying again. Speak to someone different. I used to have the phone number for the UK rep. I will see if I can find it but don't hold your breath. It's a number of years ago.
If they refuse to negotiate I think Mark is right - try your insurance company. Have you got independent traveller cover?
From their website - there is a UK number listed.

Head Office

WimPen Leisure Management S.A
Gran Azul, locales 11-16,
Avenida Playa Paraiso,
38670, Adeje, Tenerife,
Canary Islands, Spain

Tel : (+34) 922741415 or 741417 or 741576
Fax : (+34) 922741418
UK Call Rate : 0203 1620885
Sorry, but technically you did cancel the booking - by not arriving. Wimpen had no contract with the airline or the volcano!

You've got into a very dodgy area, and as you point out, you're not alone. The airline has no liability because their cancellation was due to extraordinary circumstances and they are covered by specific legislation. This would have been a candidate for an insurance claim but many policies don't cover DIY booked accomodation in the first place and of those that do, some are weazling out under the act of god clause.

It's very sad for all involved but I don't think you'll get anything unless Wimpen have a change of heart and make a goodwill gesture.
I think the only option and best is to try and get a refund from your Travel Insurance company. The T&C need to be looked at. Some insurance companies are doing a U turn and will now pay out. My Daughter who works in the Legal and INsurance field said the other now that one company has done a U turn the others may well have to. it would damage their reputation and future business not to do so.
I had a non refundable booking with Hilton and due to the unusual circumstance paid the money back to my card
With insurance you would have an excess but that would take care of most of the monies.

Good luck!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.