General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
doubt it very much as they havent reduced any of the holidays or flights ive been watching and some are still charging fuel supplements cant believe it, so im waiting to see what happens before i book anything now :que
Doubt it :think I guess the airlines will keep the extra? :think
It's begs an answer though, doesn't it?

After all, we've been told that holiday companies 'gamble' on their prices months beforehand, so therefore if the fuel prices go up they start bleating about needing extra cash ... but if they go down over the next 6 months we all know what will happen to the extra cash!!

These companies should be made have a reserve fund for when they face 'difficult' times, instead of being allowed to rip off consumers on a price change that only works one-way
Totally agree CM
Thomson are still charging fuel supplement, when the barrel of oil has dropped to below $70 a barrel and they have an hedging policy.
It's also about time the British public woke up to the fact they're being ripped off..

According to Peter Long the TUI mouthpiece for Europe, he says that customers don't think they're being ripped off by the price hikes and then goes on to say that TUI has managed to hedge its exposure to changes in currency and oil through buying ahead at agreed prices.
So, it begs the question...where is our refund ? and who exactly are these customers who don't think we're being ripped off because I've not met any yet.?

I've caught Thomson out on a nice little s c a m this morning, which is advertising transfers included, but then £30 added on for transfers or the option to have none, in the booking procedure.
They have pushed up selling prices in the UK by 18% in the past seven weeks and in the 3 months leading up to 30th June of this year, they made £65 million in profit.
It's becoming a monopoly industry and neither the Monopolies Commission or Ombudsman seem to care about their practices...enough said!!!!!!!

Sanji
todays price of a barrel of oil is now $51.62 surely thats a good enough reason to drop prices now, thats cheaper than 2 years ago
Prices aren't going to come down unfortunately regardless of oil prices. According to the press today the TUI group have increased package holiday prices by 12 percent in the past two months alone as capacity has been cut. Despite this sales are believed to be around the same level as they were this time last year only now TUI have fewer holidays left to sell. Can't see this applying to just TUI so I assume this pattern is the same right accross the industry. Would love to be proved wrong but I very much doubt it.
Holiday companies just act like the oil companies. If the price of oil drops, they cut production to stimulate a rise

Holiday companies ... just one big cartel too, really! :cry
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.