Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
If things are really getting you down.....

Why not buy a cheap bottle of Rioja and go along to Blackpool for a few days?
I don`t think that will go down well with other members.

As said before Benidorm is nothing like Blackpool and the Rioja wouldn`t taste the same.

The whole point of this forum is promote places not pull them down.

I know Benidorm is not everybodies cup of tea but thoose of us that love will understand what I mean. As for getting me down not really its a joke amongst us that love Benidorm.
I'm very tempted to reply to the derogatory remarks made by Oly Daze but I think that I'll leave it to Sanji :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Sue :)
I honestly don't see what the problem is.

Time after time I read that Benidorm must be a great place to visit because lots of Spanish people take their holidays there.

Well"¦ Lots of English people take their holidays in Blackpool (and Bognor, Skegness, etc"¦) so these places must be wonderful places for all nations to take their holidays too.

Or doesn't it work like that?

As for the forum being a place to promote holiday resorts"¦"¦Er, No, actually"¦ It is a place to air ones opinions .good or bad.
And, being entitled to my opinion as I am"¦"¦"¦ I don't much care for the place.
I think the problem is your attitude!!!!!!!

Why would I want cheap rioja anyway?

And why Blackpool?

Theres lots of places I dislike but I don`t make rude comments to people who like them.

The whole point of my thread is to see if people who love Benidorm and visit on a regular basis miss the place. Not to pull Benidorm down.
When people bring Blackpool or Skegness into a discussion about Benidorm, it is usually out of ignorance or plain provocation. Oly Daze, this is a holiday discussion forum and as resident of Torrevieja, we appreciate that you do not like Benidorm and rarely have anything positive to say about it. I am therefore presuming that you don't go on holiday there, so perhaps you should leave topics like this to holidaymakers to discuss their views and opinions of the resort and you can use our Ex Pats & Owners Abroad forum instead to discuss living in Torrevieja, or Spain in general.

David
My parents used to take us to Blackpool many times when we were kids,from what I remember,jt was always blowing a gale!!,smell of fish and chips everywhere,Gypsy Rose Leas wanting to tell your fortune!!,every other shop selling Blackpool rock.Benidorm is nothing like that!!,its lovely to walk along the sea front of an evening,the sea is so calm,not a care in the world,so peaceful,go and have a drink,not ripped off on prices!!and some of the best entertainment youll ever get,lots of good hotels with excellent food,SUNSHINE,I could go on,a lot cheaper than Blackpool!!,and thats in March when we always go,Whats Blackpool like in March?...
I know how you feel , i've only been back 1 week and is suffering lol

go on book a week this summer it will do you good
Ive got Benidorm withdrawal symptons

Went for the 1st time last easter and loved it so much..so Ive got 3 holidays booked there for all the seasons this year :lol:
I'm very tempted to reply to the derogatory remarks made by Oly Daze but I think that I'll leave it to Sanji

:rofl @ sue
I`ve booked 11 nights in August and I can`t wait. Only reason we haven`t been is that we had other summer holidays booked and decided not to have a winter holiday for a while. Boy have I missed Benidorm.
Ditto Sue :rofl - can't wait to read Sanji's reply (and looking forward to her videos too!!)

We went to Benidorm for the first time in August - and have booked again for this August - can't come soon enough!

I really can't understand the comparison between Benidorm and Blackpool :hmmm

Oh well ............... each to their own and all that!

Roll on August, can't wait to return. :pele :pele :pele

Best Regards

Elaine :fly :fly
Having been to Benidorm for 3 times in January ( the last in 2006) we have now given in and have booked for march- would have gone now but business doesn't permit it. We are both in our 60's and it just gets under your skin so when it was a quick cheap break it had to be there. We always book a Levante sea front apartment and love the walk along the promenade to the old town with it's little streets ands Spanish bars and restuarants.

Try it!

Katy
It's these symptoms that have lead me to massive credit card bills :) . Back last week from an excellent week at New Year decided to book our annual September jaunt last night because we were suffering withdrawal symptoms, I was wanting to wait til after our week in April but was talked into it by my better half :really
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.