Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
Working in GC.
5 Posts
Hi.

i was thinking, i'd really like to work on the island. doing pretty much anything rep-ish, does anyone have any idea how i could get into it,, ie websites that have jobs going
A million thanks for any help!

Kate.
i don't really know too much about it..but at a guess i think you would need to be able to speak a variety of languages to give yourself the best chance of getting a job...
well, i speak Spanish, German and English. so i guess that should help...
does anyone know of any way that i could find a job, ie not having to be over there, to find it here?

Thanks a million!

Kate
Take a 2 week holiday, get to know the people in the bars and you'll get to know where the jobs are. I was offered a bar job and my girlfriend was offered a PR job, and we didn't really try to be honest. If you have a good personality it will carry you through. In some areas the cost of living is realtively cheap, but don't think for a minute it is going to be the same as a holiday experience living and working there.

I've got a 1/2 decent job in the UK and thought only for 10 miuntes before reality set in not to throw away a career on a whim no matter how tempting it was. However I have respect for people that actually go for it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.