Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
wallbash,

You might find members Hotel Reviews useful in making your mind up; WOW Bodrum Resort, La Blanche, Turgutreis.

Darren
Thanks BUT :)

Done the Hotel Reviews on this fine web site , checked with Trip advisor ( can I mention them ) got the booklets in front of me.
Already posted questions

Started with the whole of Turkey , masses of hotels
Hours of reading and now got it down to two .

But i really want someone to make my mind up for me
They both have super reviews, I want / demand :rofl
someone to tell me something thats wrong with one of my choices .

Yes I know I am asking alot
You're not kidding about asking a lot :rofl

Both Gumbet and Turgetreis are good places to visit as well so not a lot to choose from there - although here I have to declare a bias as I spend lots of time in Gumbet as we have a house there and it's my favourite place. I also like the beach better at Gumbet (but that's just my opinion and not set in stone).

Both hotels are good so to me, it comes down to the decision about where you want to be - Gumbet or Turgetries. Where do I start to try and help?

Gumbet is closer to the airport so you have a shorter transfer time. Turgetries has a large market every Saturday, Gumbet only has a small one on a Sunday. Gumbet is closer to Bodrum if you want to spend time there. Turgetreis is probably a little more "Turkish" than Gumbet (that sounds silly but you'll probably know what I mean). Turgetreis has a large marina, Gumbet doesn't.

Sorry I can't say anything to put you off either place - so the choice is yours (although if I would still recommend Gumbet 'cos I love it - and I will be there :D ) and really this has been a useless post :rofl :whoops

Good luck which ever you choose
and really this has been a useless post

Not as bad as mine . :duh

it comes down to the decision about where you want to be - Gumbet or Turgetries.

Now I really will be awkward, easy answer , I don't care!
I bet all you 'Turkey ' lovers are aghast. I really am sorry , but its the Hotel that is important too me. It can be Greece/Cyprus or Italy or one of a dozen countries we have visited in the past. When younger I did the site seeing. But now We just require a place to relax and unwind .
I sit by the pool with half a dozen paper backs trying not to burn , while the better half
tries to stop thinking about work!!!
So .... which is the better Hotel?
None, go to Lara beach or Belek if the hotel is most important, that is where the very best Ultra AI hotela are!!
We do not go for sight seeing either and want the best AI hotels on offer!
Bottled beers and good choice of spirits and Al a cartes!
Sorry just adding to to your confusion I know!! but really if hotel is your priority then think again!
Many thanks

was ( at one time ) looking at Barut Hotel or the Concorde ??
Hi Wallbash.

You need Triflebum for this one I think . I believe she/he has been to both . Have a read of her A/I list further down the page here . http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=141089&p=1416556#p1416556

A fairly new mumber that I dont believe will have access to pms just yet and not been online since yesterday morning . hopefully she will show up today .

Sorry TB .Cant remember if you were a he or she . :rofl
Hi Wallbash,
Sorry if I have thrown another spanner in the works!
The Barut Lara is superb, I have been 3 times and it has a far better quality AI package than those two you mention!
I am going again in 11 weeks time, so I can speak from experience!
Bottled beers like becks and every drink you can think of included! No need to drink local brands here!!
In summer there is an outdoor barbeque restaurant that you book like the other Al a cartes and they bring a barbeque next to your table and you can cook your choice of meat/fish etc. Outdoor fish restaurant, and one that serves sizzlers etc and the main restaurant has a huge terrace for dining!! The Turkish is indoors but does have a terrace!
The beach is nice and sandy and if the hotel is most important to you then you will love this hotel!!
24 hours AI with waiter service, so no queues for drinks etc and service is superb!
Here is a link, notice the virtual tour on the left!
The hotel is currently closed for 1 month for a refurbishment of the lobby bar and dining room but is only 5 years old! DVD and CD players in rooms to!!

http://www.baruthotels.com.tr/default.asp?lang=EN

I have been to lots of 5 star Ultra AI hotels and the ones in Antalya area take some beating!!
I have been to other areas of Turkey to lowe rated hotels to but now tend to stick to the ones that provide luxury great service!
Triflebum gave us some wonderful advice already .

I posted under Al Fresco late last year .

Dining outside is top of my 'demand' list :cheers
Hate the air conditioning of the main dining area's

So I dislike the rush for any 'small terrace '
Telling me about the.... fish restaurant, is outside is fine but that might only be for a couple of nights.

Not worried about drinking the local beer , alcohol is not a big worry.
Water is.... liked the plentiful supply the bottles from the beach bar.

Shade is important , sunbed by the pool is not

Stroll after Dinner is always nice
Am I asking too much?
The outdoor dining is not on a small terrace from the main buffet, it is huge and lots of food will be cooked on the terraces to!
You can book the fish every night if you go to guest services but obviously first come first served as with all hotels but no restrictions on how many visit!
Water available at all bars and the in room fridge is stocked to!
triflebum and I have been to many of the same hotels!
you are selling Barut extremely well :tup

'Fish ' was only an example , I'm more of throw meat on a barbie :)

What about my 'shade ' problem

( why is wallbash , who burns easy returning to Turkey in JULY/ AUGUST)

Yes .... mystery to me :sun2
Hate the air conditioning of the main dining area's

Quite agee there. So many have that awlful cafeteria feel . :banghead:
can't say i'm a huge fan of the Antayla 5* hotel stretch of the
Antalya region though . Yes hotels are all 5* with facilities to match but it's all about the service here and IMO doesnt have the Fantastic scenary of the Dalaman and Bodrum areas or that same turkish charm .
We were at the Sentido Perissia in Side last July
Yes the main dining room was like cafeteria , but I am a great fan of the
buffet style, I get what I want , with the amount I want .
Not keen on fussy waiters , willing to walk back and forth myself.

The Perissia did have an outside terrace but too small for all those like me :really
Way too small at the Hemera too . Dreaded every evening there :( . stuffy canteen feeling with air conditioning that was unable to cope . It was like the crypton factor trying to make it back to your table with a bowl of soup.

Have you thought about letoonia or Even Lykia world . Dont know about the quality of al fresco but if it's good the views and setting would be to die for . . The sunsets were fabulous from the coast at La blanche and would say they are probably equal at WOW .

Side was an experience , bit like Oxford st in July

Thats just what hubby said . couldnt wait to get out . His words were . " I have to spend all week with the crowds in London and dont come on holiday for more of the same ". Such a shame because had it been quieter and cooler the ruins and history there were stunning .
Wallbash,
Shade is plentiful, and plenty of shade for the al fresco dining at lunch time to!
Lovely beach snack bar with food cooked to order, lovely fresh fruit, cakes and carte for style ice cream available! other dining available to!
The view is not bad from the Barut by any means!! These hotels have lovely piers to catch the sea breeze!

Lyn, yes the scenery is better in some areas I grant you! but service is lacking and quality of rooms etc is poorer!
Horses for courses I suppose! Give me the quality hotels any day!
We have stayed in some of the lower rated hotels but once you sample the better ones it is hard to compromise!
Lyn agree about the Hemera, a stuggle to get on the outdoor terrace there!
Lovely views at the Club Letoonia but there were queues for the moonlight restaurant every evening!!It will be nice to see what reviews are like after the renovation, but believe there will now be a charge for the al a cartes! but the rooms after renovation will still be very small and cramped!
Al fresco was top of my list ...... way above .

So its looking like Barut Hotel Lara Beach as first choice.

But we are restricted to school hols .
I guessing we will have a good holiday , in any of the hotels mentioned
We are fairly :think layed back .
But if ( I ) have the chance to use these forums and ask questions
why not!

Will be thinking of booking this afternoon ,
Whatever the out come will post here .
Many thanks .

Any other advice ?? will check back for a couple of hours .
We do like good quality food and service but what we dont like is when the "service" comes at a price of detriment to the Turkish charm which I feel can be the case along that stretch .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.