Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Wow!!!
6 Posts
Great to hear you and the family enjoyed the holiday. Sorry to hear about your daughter's accident though.
It is so nice to hear something nice about Hurghada for a change.
Before we went it was really hard to find much out about hurghada as not a lot of people on this site seem to go there, but we did fall for it big time, its clean not to busy, great hotels and sea and we wasnt hassled at all, to top it all off kids must of had a great time as they didnt argue at all in two weeks :rofl We go back next summer and cant wait just counting down the weeks :lol:
I am glad people are starting to talk about Hurghada as I fancied that end to start with but assumed people didnt visit as there were no reviews.
Sharm doesnt appeal to me as much so this is great.
Thanks
I've been to Hurghada 6 times (2x Grand Resort, 4 x Grand) in just over 2 years and just love the place, sometimes booking again within a couple of days of returning home. I've only been to Sharm once (to Hilton Sharks Bay where my husband was extremely ill with stomach upset and projectile vomitting).

Hurghada is very different from Sharm - it is less glitzy, more in development and has less of a 'Brits abroad' feel to it. I read a comment recently that Hurghada is full of drunks - this could not have been further from my personal experience!

Where Sharm scores highly is more hotels have a house reef for snorkelling whereas in Hurghada it is more common to take a boat out to a reef. These can be day trips with tour operators or just small boats off the beach organised locally. However, Hurghada is more conveniently placed if you want coach trips to Luxor or Cairo.

The people in Hurghada are just great, found them generally less intimidating than in Sharm (although there are always exceptions in which case let hassle drift straight over your head!) and we are always remembered and welcomed back on our return. In June I was welcomed back by a room boy I did not recognise - it turned out he had been working at the Grand Resort on my first visit there in March 05 and didn't just recognise me but remembered my name too! Scary!!

Though I HOPE to go back to Sharm sometime and try other locations in Egypt I KNOW if I just want a week of total relaxation and sunshine I will find it at the Grand or Grand Resort in Hurghada!

Caro :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.