Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Yoga in goa?
11 Posts
Hi & welcome,Concerning the Yoga,where are you staying in Goa? Jantie
Hi -

we are staying at the village royale in calangute....have read mixed reviews but im not worried im sure it will be great! we are not planning on being in hotel much so as long as i can rest my head at night i will be fine.

i was hoping to find somwhere that does yoga (maybe on beach) rather than going to a specific yoga inspired hotel?

definately wanting to go on the "jungle book" tour and would love to meet the children...although i can imagine that must be so hard considering what the uks children have here!

im soo excited now leave in between xms and new year so im glad to be seeing in the new year away from cold Scotland!!!
Hi,as you are staying in Calangute there is a place that does Yoga not far out of Calangute centre,dont know the name of it but will give you directions from standing in the main road outside the old petrol station.
Walk away from the sea/beach up to the roundabout and turn right,150 metres small mini roundabout(if still there!) straight over,keep walking and you will pass Tulip rest/bar (good place!) Harry Oms (HUGE!) Undertakers and Domino Pizza (yuk!).Just past these there will a couple of local trinket stalls then a small lane to the side with signpost to Royal Heritage Resort.All these places are on your right hand side from Calangute,go down the lane and the Yoga place is 20 metres on left(Big house with flat roof and the Yoga is on the roof.Hope this is useful and will take about 10/15 minutes walk.You will have a GREAT holiday and make sure you come to one of the HT meets. Jantie :D
i was hoping to find somwhere that does yoga (maybe on beach)

In the North you will probably have to go to Anjuna or further North to Morjim which definately does Yoga on the beach and is very peaceful but probably not practical if you are around Calangute. I would say Calangute beach is NOT the place for Yoga... too many sellers, fumes and mayhem in general.
we did Goa for 7 or so months almost daily with our own teacher he came to the house every morning, it was meant to be for an hour but always ended up more like 2... he was a gem a real yoga guru who goes to all the big yoga conventions to keep up to date, he is hindu man who's whole life is geared round not just yoga but a healthy meditative lifestyle he used to bring us wheat grass every day that he grew and we would have to crush it and drink it, which was brill, but then he got us growing our own in rotating pots (it was a right pain) luckily the rats kept nicking it so we gave up the gardening :rofl )but he is an amazing guy, we are still in touch regulalrly .he will always be a dear friend now,. he was willing to start a class on the beach if he got enough people interested but we were selfish and kept him to ourselves but he did go to others too, he also does an early (very very early) class for the poor locals in Saligao every morning and charges them virtually zero... mind you he didnt charge us much more ... the whole experience was amazing, life changing even, here is his email if anyone wants to talk with him... Mr Gupta email yogagoa@hotmail.com (this is unconnected to the yogagoawebsite above)
jantie - the yoga house you are writing about is Cyrils. Has yoga for beginners to advance. Last seasons they started at 8 am and at different times in the day depending on class numbers.
You can find more information on Cyrils yoga here http://www.cyrilyoga.com/spg.php?i=3#
With photos of the classes
x lassi
thanks for the site its great! will definately go along there as we are staying in calangute!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.