Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
my daughter is 7 now so a similar age, shes happy in the swimming pool or the beach and makes friends and will spend the day there no problems, the lagoon is lovely and the sea is warm and calm like a bath, as long as shes got buckets, spades shes happy, the early learning centre do kids lilos that have a see through pillow so the kids had float on that and can see under the water she loves that too. not sure if your son needs more entertaining than ellie does, i always find that if she makes a friend this helps too. turkey is a beautiful country and the people are so friendly and adore kids. lykia world is a fantastic place for kids to go theres a water park and 17 swimming pools and the hotel complex did use to do a day pass with all meals included its quite expensive but definitely worth it , not sure if they still do this if they do he would love it there for the day.

karen
The boat trip is fun but as you say they stop for everyone to jump off the boat and he wont do that. There is a half day boat trip round the islands including a trip to Butterfly Valley which he might enjoy as more time is spent sailing and less swimming.
There is a water park at Calis which would be a Dolmus ride away (bus). Its not a brilliant water park but may be enough for such a small child.
There are all sorts of day trips inc Jeep Safaris. I like them but ask first whether they stop at a carpet factory and book one that doesnt. It can be a rough ride but I have seen younger kids than yours enjoy it.
As Ellie-Meg says all kids that age really want is a paddle, a play and other kids.
My daughter now 9 has been to Oludeniz the last 3 years and loves it. The sea is usually calm, but if windy the blue lagoon is always calm. There are cheap canoes and pedalos which you can go out in together.
All along the sea front are shops with little souvenir thivngs which my daughter loves to collect, like mini turtles and tortiose models and the shop workers are great with kids
Enjoy!
My children are older youngest was 9 first time we went.
We have done the jeep safari which was great and there certainly young children on that - we found a company called KaraCay which had 12 seater jeeps with 3 point seat belts , no carpet shops etc. Great fun at the Salkient Gorge where you stop for lunch. You will be drenched, filthy and exhausted at the end but my 2 loved it. The Dalyan trip was also good but maybe too long for a 6 year old. There are the ruins at Kaya Koy and although the history won,t be for him the climbing will!! I have heard there is a small waterpark in Ovacik - we haven't tried it. We hated the boat trips but none of us are sailors and it was too long for us.
lastly the lagoon is super, sand to dig, little fish to watch and gently shelving water . You can higer a pedalo or 2 person canoe for a few pounds an hour and explore. I am sure you will enjoy
Lally :D
theres also horse riding in hisaronu which my kids enjoyed theres also a good play area in hisronau on the main street called monkey tree? i think theres the water park in calis beach which is good for a 6 year old and one at the grand ucel hotel in ovacik which you can pay to use all these places can easily acsessed by taxi or dolmus
There is a ten pin bowling alley in Olu Deniz. Not sure if they do bump and bowl though. Its a great place and the Turkish love children, they are sure to make a fuss of him. There may be water polo games at the hotel he may be able to join in, otherwise table tennis, or pool.

Wendy
Everyone, thank you so much for your help and suggestions ~ I cant quite get into this holiday at all, probably because there's been so much stress in work/home/house selling to even think about being on that beach :cry:

Anyway, thank you for your help :) if anyone has anything else or anything to avoid then, any suggestions always gratefully received ~

Karen x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.