France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
I've made this topic a sticky to ensure our members are aware of this new law.

Many thanks Alsacienne.
Thanks Alsa

Lets hope this goes the way of the breathalyser though I doubt this one as it's easy to rake the money in

A Question for Alsacienne

What about Disabled with Blue Badges ???

Does it affect those of us who use them ????
We have this discussion running likewise on a Caravanning and tenting forum

so I will share the information we are getting from others in France

Try this one. INVALID URL

Thanks looked at the page -- and the signs and information are the same as we have had in Navarrenx for the past year. Including the alternate parking on different sides of the road -- ours are 1st-15 and 16 - 31st left and right. Every one seems to follow - the streets are to narrow not to.
But I could still see no information regarding the Blue Disabled Badge parking..

Just contacted a friend XXXXXX at the French desk of the F&CO who informs me of the latest info that THEY have.
General information.
Although there is a national system of parking concessions, local variations can apply. Check locally.
In Paris, vehicles displaying a disabled person's parking card may be parked on roads free of charge.
On roads and in car parks, parking places reserved for disabled people are marked with a wheelchair symbol.

Parking on roads
·Do not park on roads where waiting is prohibited.
·You may park beyond the time limit on roads where parking is free but restricted by time. Check locally to establish what the concession is.
·You must pay to park on roads where payment is required (except in Paris).
·Do not drive or park in pedestrian zones.

Parking in car parks
Car parks do not generally offer concessions to vehicle displaying a disabled person's parking car.

Parking badge: EU model

Still no specifics regarding Disabled Parking in the Blue Zones for street parking which came in on Jan 1st 2013 taking over from the "old" regulations of 2012

Just had another info from XXXXXXX -- print this out and place on your dashboard alongside your badge.

Carte de stationnement pour handicapé.
La personne à qui appartient cette
carte de stationnement est un
visiteur handicapé d'un autre pays de
la communauté européenne et a les
mêmes droits en matière de
stationnement qu'un handicapé de votre pays.
VERSION COMMUNAUTE EUROPEENNE

Gray
Lensman
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.