Lakes Cairns Resort & Spa

1 Review

• Good

• Location
10 years 7 months ago
We visited various places in Australia over 3 weeks and this was our "chill-out" time! We had booked two apartments - a 2-bedroomed one for my husband, his Mum and I, and a 1-bedroomed apartment for the Aunt and Uncle. I could have easily lived in one of these! The lounges were great and in both apartments there was TV, air-conditioning in each room (individually operated!), fully fitted kitchen with dishwasher, washing machine, tumblemachine, etc. We overlooked the most amazing pool which had its own mini beach and BBQ area (which we made use of on our first night!). The resort is not so large you get lost, but it isn't small. The staff were so fantastic and we felt very special staying here.

It was self catering but we had no problem finding restaurants to go to. The resort had a couple of bars, one of which did lunches, and we had sandwiches there a couple of times which were excellent value for money. Quite a few of the apartments are privately owned, and if I could afford one, I'd buy one too! We were collected from the airport by a bus put on by the resort and taken back to the airport again, so that was great. The resort also operated a shuttle bus into the centre of Cairns for a minimal cost. It would have been too easy not to leave because everything is so well maintained and it's just such a lovely place to stay.
Cleanliness:
Service:
Location:

Travel operator: Trailfinders

Recommended

Looking to stay here? You can check the accommodation availability and get the best prices using the link below:

Holiday Truths Forum
As YOUR Personal Travel Agent I am here at a time to suit you, to look after you & ensure the best holiday / travel experiences for all
Holiday Truths Forum