Challaborough Bay Parkdean Resort

• Good

• Entertainment
  • Food
  • Location
Never Again! Total waste of money.
1 year 2 months ago
Caravan was lovely, great view of the beach, we were furthest away from the beach and on a steep hill,. The roads are tight country lanes where you're having to stop all the time to let on coming cars through. The condition of the roads are appalling, we arrived Saturday, late evening, went out for an hour and hit a pothole which caused a puncture. we only had a space saving spare tyre so couldn't used the car. Due to being Easter, we could get new tyre until Tuesday. I couldn't leave the caravan due to being disabled, I wouldn't be able to walk back up.

The town was at least a 25 minute drive away but very small, other than the supermarkets (which you need) there are very few shops and nothing really of interest. It was quite boring really. In fact many families on holiday in the caravans were just getting Tesco to deliver food so they could avoid driving through the lanes.

One more thing, anyone booking with Parkdean resorts, don't bother with holiday cancellation insurance, it's pretty much worthless unless you drop dead, in which case you won't need your refund! The insurance was added to the booking automatically, my husband didn't notice so didn't untick it. I didn't know what insurance we ended up with so after having car issues and being stuck in the caravan for 4 days because it wasn't possible to get it repaired over Easter. I decided when I got home I'd find out about what insurance we had added to our booking and whether we would be covered for anything. We book last minute so going by their policy, it was worthless to us. It's not much better for everyone else though, there is very little to it. Don't waste your money, make sure you untick the added insurance box so you don't end up paying for it and it's worth checking the terms and conditions before bothering with it. They will take you 2 minutes to read and less time to realise how useless they are.
Cleanliness:
Food:
Service:
Location:
Entertainment:

Travel operator: Parkdean

Looking to stay here? You can check the accommodation availability and get the best prices using the link below:

Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.