Adelphi Hotel

• Location
Mr C PACKER
terrible
4 months ago
Tired hotel/ poorly equipped/ understaffed / buffet breakfast sat and sun only/ used as social B&B hostel and for asylum seekers/ covid prevention not enforced etc etc

Travel operator: booking.com

Jean-Marc Meylan
Children Unfriendly
5 years 11 months ago
While relatively central and clean, I was very disappointed in the Richmond. My booking was incorrectly recorded, access to the spa was denied to my 14 year old
daughter (but not to people who were obviously tipsy, to say the least).

The car park I was directed to was expensive and not really close to the hotel. A valet service was available, but at a rather hefty price. The management was unsympathetic when I tried to complain.

Will not be staying there again!

Travel operator: booking.com

Hotel tip: None.

J & P
Big hotel, would use again
9 years 9 months ago
A very big hotel, excellent location to get to all attractions,docks, cavern, bars, shops etc very close by. staff very helpful.

The rooms need updating, wallpaper peeling off, carpets had not been hoovered under radiators & cupboards but we only stayed 1 night & would stay again as we got a really good deal.
11 years 4 months ago
we stayed at the adelphi over new years and had a ball of a time.

the hotel location is fab. to explore the vibrant city of culture.

Travel operator: independantly

Maria
12 years 7 months ago
This hotel looks like it would have been very nice 50 years ago but unfortunately it is not maintained very well and it is very dirty. You can easily make even the oldest building nice just by keeping it clean but obviously this was not a priority at the Brittania Adelphi. The outside beer garden was revolting with mess everywhere. Our room stank like someone had been smoking in there every day since it was built. The smell even woke me up in the night it was so bad. The toilet had not been cleaned and had pubic hair all over it. When we checked in the man in front of us had been allocated a room that someone else was already in! Terrible hotel! I wouldn't recommend it.

Travel operator: Wotif

Jude
13 years 8 months ago
I was really looking forward to staying in this Hotel but was extremely disappointed.

The first room was very small, dark, cold, no view, really old furniture, what you would expect from a run down B & B. we were moved to a 2nd room because the tv was not working.

The staff had told me that all the rooms were the same size and yet the 2nd room was twice the size but had twin beds, the window was jammed open and the shower control switch was broken. It took them 2 days to fix the window and shower. We were only staying for 4 days!! There was scaffolding outside our window. The workmen started work at 8am and on top of the noisy drilling and banging the men were shouting and telling jokes even though they knew we were trying to rest (the do not disturb sign was on the door!).

I informed the Manager of all of our problems but he only offered an upgrade of a room if we return to the Hotel. Not much chance of that. It was one of the worst breaks I have experienced. Liverpool was great as usual but the Hotel was very poor!

Travel operator: OWn car

Maya Blair
13 years 9 months ago
We stayed for a long weekend,, the hotel was in an excellent location for shopping/clubbing/sightseeing.
The hotel decor was old fashioned, as expected, and some areas could have done with a good clean. The bedrooms were clean an comfortable enough,,, apart from the seagull dawn chorus.
The breakfast was adequate, but the walls,chaircovers in the dining room were covered in greasy marks. Apart from that, we had a lovely weekend and have stayed in much worse places.

Travel operator: ryanair

Catherine
14 years 8 months ago
My experience was that the food was in short supply and over cooked,without taste.

The staff were rude and did not go out of their way, a simple request for a glass of water, was answered with "I only have one pair of hands".

The room was old, musty, old blue blankets were on the bed. There was only one electrical outlet in the room, we couln't plug in the television and kettle at the same time or it fused. One lady in our party requested a non-smoking room, and when she arrived there was a definite smell of smoke. She complained and was given a can of air freshener. This was a experience we will never forget. It was something out of Faulty Towers.

Travel operator: Coach Company

Kate
15 years 4 months ago
This hotel is truely appaling. The food is terrible, and the staff are under trained and very rude. When we brought the issue up with the management we were met with the same rude and diabolical attitude.
Don't stay in this hotel - you will regret it!

A really horrible experience!

Travel operator: internet

Mrs C Bagan
16 years 4 months ago
We stayed after a work party that was held at the hotel in a standard room that was supposed to be discounted as part of the package with the party. The room was in need of a clean with a thick layer of dust under the bed and wardrobe, the bathroom had mould around the bath and the bed was damaged and been poorly repaired.

The prices for food and drink were expensive and not aways good quality. We did not get what we expected with a hotel of it's reputation, left very disappointed and would never visit there again.

Travel operator: None

Looking to stay here? You can check the accommodation availability and get the best prices using the link below:

Holiday Truths Forum