Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
Absolutely agree with everything you say BHIC, well done and thank you Admin & Mods.

:bow
Hear hear. We get a lot of useful information and even more fun out of it. Love the two-headed duck. Many thanks.
ditto from me as well its great
Quite agree - thanks guys! :wave
I agree, great work

Linda
I totally agree,Just how did we manage before Holiday Truths?
Yeah, huge thanks from me to all the mods :thanks :tup
I visit this site everyday, and found it so useful for every holiday I've had in the last few years and for future holidays. Nowadays I would not consider booking a holiday anywhere without consulting the forums/reviews. Keep up the good work guys :wink:
A big huge thank :thanks you to all those who make this site possible, and long may it continue!!!!! :kiss
You know these posts pop up every now and then and even though us Admin and mods can't take any credit for the new looka and the chat room ( all down to Van and Mark) its lovely to see a positive post regarding us.

Thank you to all of you :)
A big :thanks thanks from me also :hyper

You all do such a great job :bow
HT just gets beter and better :wink

lou x
Yep. Many thanks to all the Mods for your sterling but often unsung work on HT. I don't know how you all find the time to moderate this great forum but rest assured that the majority of regular contributors among us really do appreciate the time you give up to keep this forum the best of it's kind. I know I couldn't do it so a big :tup to you all and of course Van the man for starting it all off.

Rob
:glynis
What can I say that hasn't been said already?????
I,too, visit HT every day and enjoy it immensely. Don't know what I did before I found the site!!
So I shall just add my grateful :thanks to all of you mods 'cos you do a great job and the amount of time you must put into your work deserves a special mention. :bow
:kiss
Pat
:glynis
Hi all
I wish to echo all the comments of the previous members. Since I joined I have had lots of help and have found all the information great. It has help my family a lot with our holidays. :)
I have also tried to help others if they seem stuck. We are like one big family helping each other out.
:ghug
All the best to all the staff and thank you for all the work you put in. May HT continue its success for many years to come.
Look forward to speaking to others in the chat rooms.

Dawnie-Rob :wave
A voice of dissent about the new look and the apparent emphasis on the chat room facility.

It goes without saying I am a great fan of this site and cannot praise highly enough the Admin Staff and the Mods.

However I question the direction in which we could be lurching.

I fear that many will be asking questions in the chat rooms as opposed to the forums. Heaven knows what stupid advice could be given out under the auspices of Holiday Truths.

As I am sure all those assisting to run the forums know, some appallingly bad advice is given out by members from time to time, which in the forums is quickly corrected. You can't put matters straight in the chat rooms, it's there now and quickly gone, impossible to put right

I've no problems with the chat rooms as such, but the front page looks like dog's breakfast with the chat icons.

I would have hope the emphasis is still on the forums, chat being merely an ancillary service for those who want it.

Sorry to be negative in part, but the good reputation of this whole site could be at stake.

Peter
Hello Peter. I hope you don't mind me replying to you since I am the original Author of this Thread.

You make some very valid points in your posting. However, that said, I cannot comment on what might take place in CHAT because although it took me some considerable time to gain access, I have chosen to refain from participating in CHAT for the time being (for reasons I would rather not discuss openly, but will be happy to do so with a Moderator if they are interested).

I do not know how to respond to your concerns, with the exception of saying that I am sure that members of HT Staff are keeping a close 'eye' on what is said in CHAT and if things start to veer off track as it were, I am sure this will be addressed somehow.

Peter Of York wrote:
the apparent emphasis on the chat room facility
With all due respect to you, I do not think anyone has posted messages in this thread with any "emphasis" on CHAT. From what I have been reading, the members that have posted have basically been endorsing what I wanted to convey in my thread, and that was a message of thanks and appreciation to everyone concerned (whoever they may be) in the work that has clearly taken place over the past few weeks to make HT an even more enjoyable experience than what it already was.

Peter Of York wrote:
A voice of dissent about the new look and the apparent emphasis on the chat room facility

If I may add. I started this thread purely to thank all those behind the scenes for the obvious work that has taken place on improving the HT website over the past few weeks, and not to necessarily discuss technical problems or other issues of concern in the new CHAT Rooms, which in my humble opinion, I think would be better off being discussed in the Thread that is already running on CHAT. :arrow: HERE

Gary
(BHIC) :wave
Re the link BHIC isnt that another thread that changed its theme :?: I got the impresion it started as a query regarding Gen Chat which is different to the Chat room :?
The link in BHIC's last post was moved to the Computer Section as it predominately discusses solutions to access to the rooms.

Mark :D
:wink: Think you may have another convert to HT! After all the mickey taking I've had to put up with from members of my family-my son was having big problems trying to arrange an internal flight in Thailand. I got a :roll: from him when I told him to give me all the details last night. I posted...and was answered straightaway by two members! I emailed him the replies and he has now booked using the answers from this site!

I know I would be lost without HT and their excellent members wealth of information.
nickmacuk wrote:
Re the link BHIC isnt that another thread that changed its theme I got the impresion it started as a query regarding Gen Chat which is different to the Chat room

The LINK that I posted in my previous post was to the discussion that is running about CHAT at the moment. I am not aware of any differences between CHAT and General Chat. If fact I have no idea what or where 'General Chat is :roll: :hmmm Sorry.

I can only assume you mean 'General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips' :roll:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.