Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Verry few give fizzy drinks free. tea/coffee all, lemonade on some, all do juice at b,fast

AI is an option at the upper end and Thomson.

There are the very occational AI deals on other ships.

What dates, what budget?
We are looking at march time. looking at prices at moment its around 3k. We were looking at the ocean village due to it been a casual ship. I hate all the dressing up and thats always put me off cruises.
How casual do you want to go.

You don't have to dress up.
Formal nights can be optional by going to the buffet some lines do a casual dining option.

smart casual is the norm, sometimes called resort casual.

So that the likes of dockers,chinos with a polo or shirt forh te blokes.

Jeans are ok also some of the time

NCL is he most casual
RCI and Princess would be OK

Celebrity a bit more dressy, they have casual options though

NCL example.
http://www.ncl.co.uk/itinerary/caribbean_panoramas_dawn.html

If you are happy to DIY some trips can be found cheaper through the us.

I think for March 2010 £1500pp to include all spends might be tight if the cruise and flight are much over a £1k
might get better later in the year pries may start dropping.

If picking US ship watch out for spring breaks.

Never been on OV, many seem to like it, it has always seemed to be more expnsive for the the trips we have looked at.
You can get hugely more value than OV. Would not pay the money they ask!
Carnival line would suit....very casul....even in the formal restaurant, jeans acceptable....

bookable in this country (we booked through vigin).....or on their own website and you would then book your own flights.

they sail from Florida to the Carribean......
xx
Even better would be Royal Caribbean from Miami or Port Canaveral.
Flights are easy to arrange by yourself.
RCCL Freedom or Liberty would be my choice.
I don't do dress up anymore either, you can be as casual as you wish..
What drinks do you get on RC? can you do All inclusive on any of the above? thanks
No, alcohol is always separate.
You can buy a soda card on the first day, for $6 per day for adults, all the soft drinks you want.
Thank you. Do you know if you can buy alcohol from the onboard shop to take to your room or do you have to buy from the bar? Thanks
Most of them don't.

but taking(smuggling) a bottle or two is possible.
You have to buy from the bar.
Lots of people find ingenious ways to smuggle booze onboard, but they do screen everything and it will get confiscated and returned at the end of the cruise...
You can buy spirits in the port for e.g Vodka and pour in to an empty mineral water bottle, they wont check that or take it of you.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.