Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
We are also going on the 21st February to the Dona Sylvia you will love it went last year. Restaurants which we liked all within walking distance are Get Down, Mikes Place, Golden Eye and the Goan Village all really good.

We use Rossarios Beach Shack as you go down to the beach the first shack on your right he his really nice and keeps the hawkers at bay he also like most of the shacks has a firework party on the beach every Wednesday. A short taxi away is Bettys Bar get the hotel to book you a meal as it is always full, and when you get there book an all day cruise which takes you out to sea then a sail up the river sal it is fantastic you get lunch and drinks included for about £8 cant wait.
Thanks for the info. Only 21 days to go.Really looking forward to it. :)
We stayed there at christmas and had a fab time. Best resturant we found was The Riverview. Ask for directions, its opposite the hotel behind another hotel. It's has amazing views of the river Sal, with part of the resturant on a deck over the river. All sorts of birds, eagles, herons and kingfishers. The food is amazing and cheap. They will organise a boat rip up the river as well with binoculars and bird books (so you know what you are looking at!)
Best beach shack we found was Edwins. Turn left as you go onto beach go past two and there is a gap then you get to Edwins. Same people run the Goan village Restuarant and the snacks are really good especially the prawns and noodles. they too have fireworks on a Wednesday night.
Have a wonderful time the Dona Sylvia is a wonderful hotel! They provide pool towels which you can also use on the beach.
Shazzer
Doz123.

You mentioned the 'river cruise' from Betty's Bar. I have heard about it and it sounds good. The problem is that we will be staying in Colva. I was hoping to just turn up and go.

i was wondering if you could let me know a little bit more about the 'cruise'. Is it daily? How often and at what times they go? How long the trip lasts? What sort of food and drinks are included? What sort of things do you see and do along the way? is the boat very crowded? Is there any shade on the boat?

lots of questions but if you could help or anyone caould then I would appreciate it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.