Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Have a look at the topics stickied at the top of the page as these contain some info you need. Also, for vaccinations and malaria advice we have a thread here For ideas on trips have a look
here and for resort reports here :)
Hi!!

I've never been to Cavelossim but I totally have the Goa bug.

Eating and drinking out is very cheap, you'll probably find you don't spend all that much time at your hotel even though you are AI.
The weather should be very hot mid April, it's right at the end of the season so you will find it quiet compared to how it would me earlier in the year, I went this April and we had a bit of VERY unseasonal reain :duh but it's hard o imagine that happening again. Usually its very humid and temp can get up to 40 degrees on a hot day :sun2

As for vaccinations, i've never had any and as faras i'm aware i'm disease free :D my mum lives out there and she's never had any vaccinations either I think if you go to the doctors they tell you they are optional but then try to convince you to get them because it makes them a bit of money....
Last but not least...Visas! It's all changed recently but in the past i have always gone through an agent, it costs a lot more but it saves a lot of stress, if you decide to go in person be prepared for a long wait, or to get turned away, apparently they can only issue so many a day :que

Hope this answers some of your questions for you :wave:
Just a quick post just now but for an idea of prices have a look at http://www.bettysgoa.com/restaurant.htm#5._BETTYS_PLACE_MENU it's not far from the DS
p.s Cavelossim is a fantastic base for a wonderful holiday here's a link to our last couple of trips based there (any questions just ask) http://www.flickr.com/photos/goanjock/sets/72157602342688440/ and http://www.flickr.com/photos/goanjock/sets/72157602342688706/ and roll on December
p.p.s. Our first trip was an April and it is hot and whilst humid it's nothing that a cold beer whilst sitting in a shack with a cool sea breaze on your face won't fix :cheers (though A/C is a must so you'll be fine at the D.S.)
thourougly agree with tightjock there is enough to do in Cavelosim without it being in your face
DC is a great hotel we go twice a year and still cant get enough,
pat :sun2
Thanks for all the tips guys.... now I just have to start counting down the days til next April :cheers
Hi, hope you have a great time, although this will be our ninth trip to Goa we have not yet been to Cavelossim.

You do require vaccinations to travel to Goa and should check with your Doctor. I know that my doctors certainly did not charge for them, and so please don't be put off by comments that they are only a way for doctors to make money.

There is a thread on here dedicated to visas. Basically you fill the form in on line and pay on line, then can chose to either take your documents to the offices or send via Special Delivery. Either way make sure you allow yourself plenty of time to apply. As you are going in April perhaps apply mid/end of February.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.