Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
Hi Nezi

I'm sure people will be able to give you some specific info soon. In the meantime though do have a look through the forum and you'll find lots of general info.

Pippy :)
Hi,
We have recently returned from our first trip to Corralejo. I don't know where in Corralejo your hotel is, but apart from a large supermarket right opposite the bus station we only found lots of Netto supermarkets there. If you are near the bus station or hire a car, I would go to that one.

There are several large perfume shops on the main strip, which is where most of the eating places and shops are. There is a market at the new Campenario shopping centre on Sundays - not a big market but little craft stalls. I bought some nice silver jewellery from a Scottish lady who makes it herself.

If you like Chinese food, the best we found was Slow Boat 2 inside the Plaza centre on the main strip. Our other favourite was Sotavento in the harbour - good food and service plus fantastic sea views.

For Fuerteventura websites, see fuerteventura-forum.com
There is a Supermarket right by the entrance to the Lobos Bahia.
Other than that there is a Netto underneath the Brisamar Apartments which is about a 5 minute walk from the Lobos Bahia.
Be warned though the Netto Supermarkets are quite pricey and are not the same as the Netto Supermarkets out here.
There is a supermarket called Hiperdino at the other end of town which is more reasonable, from the Lobos Bahia it would probably take about 20mins to walk. Other than that you could get a taxi down.
If your wife likes shopping there is a shop where you can book excursions on the High Street they offer a trip to Las Rotondas (a shopping centre) which is in Puerto Rosario for about 10 euros each.
They also do a trip over to Lanzarote which takes you to a large commercial centre.
Hi I would also recommend either the HipoDino or the Spar. You could walk there, having booked a taxi to take you back maybe. The supermarkets next to the hotels are obviously dearer as they are convenient.
There are tons of shops & a big playground in the centre.
If you rent a car, try to get to the Blue Lagoons, full of nudists but brilliant for children. Very quiet in the middle of nowhere, shallow pools with fish round you ankles.
Have a nice holiday.
When we stayed at the Lobos Bahia, we used the onsite supermarket for our basics on the first day, but it is quite pricey. After that we used the Netto just a few minutes walk down the road from the apartments, and found this more reasonably priced. Like others have said, the Hyperdino is better priced, however can be quite a walk, especially so in the heat!
Hi,
Myself and my fiance are off to Fuerteventura for the first time on 10th September. We've booked for Costa Calma, read reviews etc, happy to have quiet holiday, but can anyone tell me of any bars and anywhere not miss?
Vikki
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.