Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Well i don't skimp at all on holiday and usually take £500 for 2 weeks. Like you i also take a bank card and normally end up drawing a bit extra but only £50 or so.
thanks. I thought £500 would be enough. I was on another site and asked the same question and some of the replies were take £1200 per person for 2 weeks!!! :shock: I asked what they spent it all on and they replied alcohol!
I reckoned on taking £2,000 for our honeymoon for 2 weeks in Lindos next week, is it really that cheap?.
As a couple who eat out every mealtime and enjoy a few drinks (not over the top) we normally spend around £1000- £1100 for a fortnight. If we go with company we tend to spend more- roughly £1200-£1300.
It depends what you want to do... If you're hiring a nice car, taking a few boat trips, shopping, etc then it will cost more. In fact if you're in some of the more exclusive shops in Rhodes Town you could blow £2000 on two outfits!

I spend very little during the day so the bulk of my budget goes on dinner and nights out. I tend to eat in mid range restaurants most of the time and have the odd treat but if you were to spend alot of time in the higher end restaurants (Arhontiko, Ambrosia, Mavrikos, etc) then you could spend considerably more.
£500 per person for 2 weeks. So thats a £1000 for the rwo of us plus our bank cards if we run out. I dont like boats and I hate being stuck in a car abroad so I dont spend any money on hiring those! :D
Hi all,

Many thanks for the advice!!.

Marcuschap, I have already pre-paid for the car so only have to worry about the petrol which won't be much for 5 days (I hope!) and like I mentioned a while back have booked the hotel in Rhodes Town for a night so it really will be along the lines of what most others have mentioned on here. Like the originator I have heard conflicting stories, some say it's cheap some say it's expensive :?
me and my hubby are off to rhodes on the 16th may ,i thought about £500 for a week between us ,we usually eat in average places or the hotel may take a trip to turkey !! do you think its enough???
It depends on what resort you're in and how much or how little you do on holiday.

I always take cards as a back up and this year i definitely needed it! Mind you that was probably because it was early season and local friends were more up for going out, if you're out till 6am the bar bills are hefty :lol:

A two course meal (with wine) cost us between 35-40 euros on average. Drinks in a bar seem to be between 3-5 euros depending where/what you're drinking.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.