Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
How much longer will there be coach travel from any where in the British Isles. Even though i am not using them for next year i received my Ferris brochure this week , and was surprised how he has down sized in Hotels all along the Brava and Salou. Is this Mr Ferris's doing or are the hotels not accepting his custom i ask myself . In my eyes he seems to be offering more holidays to Benidorm and Cruise and Stay holidays. Cant complain about the prices .
What annoys me most, is that Interbrava (in my opinion) looked the best option last year ... good operation, brand spanking buses, slick running times, good pick ups, etc .... the others available to me looked a bit tired and run down, and i felt they had a good opportunity to gain customers from the others - so if Interbrava have decided to bin it, what future for the others now? Like you say, how long will we have the coaching option?

What i find more bizarre about Interbrava's decision, is that they basically inherited a mailing list of names from Redcrest's demise ... and a good percentage of people i spoke to last year were people who had previously travelled with Redcrest and a lot of them were like me, and didn't like flying! Seems strange for such a new company to potentially alienate such a customer base so early in it's existence ... are they big enough to survive in the accommodation only market? They are hardly a Thomsons, a Haven, etc, are they? If so, they need to do a lot more marketing, and do it a lot better than they do now (their website is an example of confusion as pictures of the coaches remain everywhere!!!)

I guess they have their reasons, but i'm getting to the point where i really don't trust any of these companies .. caravan for me next year :lol: I thought increased air travel prices might create a resurgence in coach hols, but it seems not!
cidermonster,
have you priced up siesta for next year.
i know they are usually a bit more expensive than others, but when i travelled with them i thought the coaches, the food, staff and entertainment system were excellent, and although they charged more than ferris for example, the journey was very pleasant.
i also liked the fact that they had 2 staircases to use, so you could get off the coach quicker at the stops.
maybe its time to smoke the peace pipe :D
I never had any problems with their coaches or the journey, Jim ... except for the dreaded hub system which means i'm on the coach for almost two full days (it leaves Scotland very early)

However, although i did get an apology from Siesta (via this website) it WAS six years in the waiting, and i still feel it was a token gesture. I'm generally not a person who compromises his principles - I'll go to Blackpool before i do that! :lol:
When we had passed the Spanish border this year, the coach driver pointed out that a massive building that was being constructed was the new rail terminal for Eurostar, to be completed by 2009. This would mean that you could connect from London to Barcelona direct, I thought at the time that this may be a problem for the coach operators.
We went with Club C from Hamilton for the past 4 yrs but their service got steadily worse over the years. We have looked at Siesta for this coming summer and will give them a go.
Paradisio ... Club C are based in the south, hence their service to people in the north has never been the best in my view. At least with Siesta and Interbrava, your hostess gets on in the north of England

That's decent news, Pancho ... maybe i'll just have to hold on for a year :)
CM I didnt have a problem with no hostess as we got on at 3am and only wanted to sleep. The coaches were not great and last year the toilet was unusable due to the smell. They relied on passengers having decent dvd's as they seemed to have the same ones inward/outward.

Their accomodation is also a bit dated compared to other operators
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.