Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific

Discussions regarding holidays in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific region.
I have looked at the holiday on their website and it looks pretty extensive, lots included though I do think that 19days in Australia is about the absolute minimum I would want to stay, it gets very tiring with lots of hanging around on Airports and covering long distances in often very hot weather (though everywhere usually has air conditioning) can be draining. Travelsphere are a good company so I think the holiday you have chosen would be a great experience.
Would you be able to fit in stopovers on the journeys as they really help to break up the horrendous long flights. I have visited Australia twice and had a stopover in Singapore the first time and Kuala Lumpur and Penang the second.
I really like Australia and can't wait to visit again, though I must say New Zealand is my favourite down under destination.
Hi Judith

Yes, I agree, a stopover is a good idea. They offer four nights at either Hong Kong for £249 or Singapore for £229. We thought we would do that on the way there because we would just like to get home after being a long time away.

What did you think of Singapore - do you know anything about Hong Kong?

Sue
We stopped in Hong Kong on the way to Australia and Singapore on the way back. We both far preferred HK and felt it had far more character.

Singapore was extremely humid we didn't really like it. That may have been because we were at the end of a month away. I really don't know the reason.

luci :wave
I agree with Luci about Singapore being very humid, it can be oppressive though having been there a few times I think there is more to do and see than Hong Kong. I haven't been to Hong Kong for over ten years , since before the change over so it's probably different now.
Singapore is very clean and most things run like clockwork whereas HK was a bit more chaotic and not so santitised and as Luci says probably has more character. Given the choice I would probably do a stop over in HK purely because I have been to Singapore a few times and HK only once. But if you can take the heat and humidity Singapore is worth a visit.
Hi we done a tour of australia but wasnt with travelsphere we went with Titan tours,comparing the 2, titan tours stop in better hotels and have a stopover in singapore going, titan are more expensive than travelsphere but they do pick you up at home and take you to and from the airport.The difference in the trips is travelsphere go the perth and canberra,where the titan tour is alot more relaxed and you have plenty of time to relax in cairns and sydney with 5 and 4 nights in each place,they also have 2 nights at ayres rock resort which is 4-5 star hotel where travelsphere stop at the cheaper place round the corner.titan also go to adelaide which we really enjoyed on our free day we went to glenelg on the tram,which was a real highlight plus the cleland wildlife park where kanagroos roam free and koala's to have you picture taken with,outstanding park...i hope you have a great trip we couldnt fault ours in any way,whatever you choose have a great time....
Hi have a look at http://www.freedomaustralia.co.uk we have booked our christmas trip through them, basically we told them what we wanted to do and they sorted everything out, we based our trip around the Titan christmas new year tour, we have to do our internal flights on our own (although all transfers included) but all excursions (blue mountians ,ocean road, Ayres rock,karunda park, etc etc etc )are esscorted and we get picked up from our hotels
this also works out quite a bit cheaper than a fully esscorted option (approx £1200)
HTH
Edd
We did this tour in January and overall we were happy with it. We did the Singapore stopover and it exceeded all expectations, very clean city with a lot to see. We have also used Titan and agree that they use better hotels, reflected in the holiday cost. The worst hotel was in Perth so not a good start to the holiday. Dont miss Rottnest Island and Fremantle. If you want any specific information just ask. When this tour finished in Melborne we rented a car and drove the Great Ocean Road to Adelaide where we spent 5 nights before flying back to Sydney. Our last 4 nights were spent in the Ibis Hotel on Darling Harbour, small rooms but fantastic views. We flew home non stop. Not something I would ever do again, a real ordeal. The travelshere tour manager was excellent. There are a good no. of options at each destination and we spent around £11000 inc. the tour in total. We didn't miss much and I look forward to going back as this tour misses out the east coast between Cairns and Sydney.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.