Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
It's really hard to read/follow your post with no punctuation. Your booked destination (hotel/apartment) has no bearing on your luggage allowance.

Have you checked with your carrier (airline) what their allowance is? They are carrying your luggage and set their allowance. If that is different to what your agent has confirmed to you by email, then at least you know that, and can go back to them. Have it re-confirmed by email/in writing and see their desk at the airport if there are problems at check-in.
As far as I am aware, First Choice have 'upped' their luggage allowance for the coming season. If you are travelling without upgrade then the luggage allowance is 25kgs - I booked my parents travelling with us in December and they have 25kgs each. The OH & I are travelling star class premium (we booked before parents), and have 30kgs each.

These allowances are confirmed on the our confirmations.
Hi Miccie thanks for your reply we booked online and our emailed conformation states 25 kg but on the confirmation we recieved by post does not state anything about a luggage allowance. What was confusing me is that if you book some of their hotels the allowance is only showing 20 kgs. This is for economy, but it looks as if they have upped the allowance for next season. Was just confused as to why there is difference in allowance in economy, depending on which hotel you booked. Its just as we have booked for 3 weeks we could do with 25 kgs as stated on emailed confirmation,did not want to wait till got tickets to find only given 20 kilo. :cheers Denham
Just a thought, could it mean 20 Kilos hold baggage and 5 kilos hand luggage
Just for info: Thomas cook are allowing 15kgs hold luggage and 5kgs hand luggage. £25 per person to upgrade to 20 kgs. Only going for one week in November so will be able to cope with 15kgs but March for 3 weeks is another story - we paid to upgrade :cry
Just booked a holiday for Cyprus in October with Thos Cook.

Allowance was the standard 15kg but could upgrade for £30.00 - It was not clear from the wording if the extra 5kg was per person or between two of us so I ranf them. Yes it was 5kg each.

Having booked this holiday in January with Hellenic who have just gone bust we were pleased it only cost us £186 extra in total.

fwh
Just got email back from eclipse they say it has been a misstake on the web and luggage allowance is 20 kilos not 25 as stated on the emailed conformation. Does anyone know if i can make them stick by the 25 kilos that was on the confirmation they emailed us when i booked online. :que
Well I have just logged in to my First Choice booking and found that the luggage allowance has been changed to 23kg each as opposed to the 30kg each originally stated! Having checked my Fathers booking his states 25kg each!!, they haven't even been able to upgrade to the Premium service, which I have and they have more allowance!!

Think that there is definately a gremlin at work at First Choice, but I'll wait until nearer to December to finally work out what is going on!

The only thing at the moment is that I have the original confirmation which states 30kg and I have not be advised in writing otherwise.
Hi Miccie Keep me informed on how you get on. But i would not leave it too late, because once you have your tickets with maybe only 23 kgs printed on them this is what you will be allowed at the airport, not what is on your invoice. As its their misstake they should honour it. good luck Denham :tup
Hello everyone , I contacted First Choice Headquarters on Friday about the luggage issue . Like several of yourselves we are upgraded to scp , the response from FC is , " There is now only a maximum of 23 kg luggage allowance per person -- this is due to health and safety in British Airports, the luggage handlers now are only allowed to lift / carry 23kgs max, however you'll be pleased to know that up to 5kg hand luggage is allowed -- this is on top of the 23kgs for the hold ". I also mentioned about the 30kgs allowance as stated, was told that that is no longer applicable. I hope that all that is of some help to everyone. :wave:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.