America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Is it Miami or Miami Beach where you will be staying? If I remember correctly, Miami Beach is approx 22 miles from Miami.

We took an organised tour of Miami from MB as, at the time, it wasn't a place to go wandering by yourself.

luci :wave
Lucy, we will be staying in South Beach which I understand to be a different area to Miami Beach - but then I may well be wrong! I'm sure someone will put us straight.
Miami beach is on the sort of peninsula that runs down the coast. Miami is directly inland and a short taxi or bus ride away. Not too far. There are a lot of homeless people in the downtown area, however it is a 'no panhandling zone' meaning they aren't allowed to beg in the area. It's also a business district, so after offices closes is goes rather quiet. We stayed downtown though because we wanted to go to various malls after being on a cruise, and it was easier to get to them from downtown as there were direct transport links from there to most places. We spent our evenings at Bayside (downtown), and also over on SoBe and over at the place right beside Coconut Grove which name excapes me. The place with Miracle Mile, street with all the shops. It was ok too. SoBe is the place to stay though if you are there for pool, beach and also Lincoln Road I think it is with all the bars and restaurants.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.