Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
They should be very careful about going out at night - I wouldn't recommend it at all. I didn't have any problems during the day, but it's not the UK - it's more dangerous. But that said, so long as they take precautions they should be fine. I'm not too sure what your son is into, but I found the botanic gardens and Cape Horn were the highlights of my trip.
Where shal I start.

How about a trip up Table mountain in the Rotair cable car.
How about a trip to seal (Duiker) island just off Hout bay. 10 miles south down the peninsular on the Atlantic side.
How about a trip out to Melkbos ostrich farm, (even ride them if he wants) 15 miles north out of Cape Town
Take him to Simons Town old naval base
Take him to Cape Point, on the little train that go's to the tip.
Take him to Waterfront and do the harbour sightseeing cruise.
Also in Waterfront, actually, just to the side of Waterfront is the helicopter flips, over the mountains and the beaches.
Drive over Chapmans peak drive, really breath taking scenery.
Crazy golf at Greenpoint
Seapoint out door swimming baths.
St James's outdoor "sea lagoon " pool
Muizenberg is a fantastic beach to hire a surf board and do some learning to surf.
Kalk bay harbour, see the fishing boats come in and weigh off the catches, great fish and chips there for lunch.
Drive over Red Hill, also in the suthern suburbs.
take a day out to Berg river resort, Just north on the N1 outside cape Town, Perhaps an hours drive. best on a Sunday, great river swimming, not too deep, perhaps just 3 ~ 4 foot deep.
have great braai (barbaque) there aswell.
Graham
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.