Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
Hi Apple.

If you want to do some exploring and not have the hassle of a car Lake Garda could be ideal perhaps. You have the option of using the ferry to visit many contrasting villages on the lake and you also have public transport that is regular and cheap.

You have Verona quite close and of course Venice a we bit further, but be warned it will be very hot and very busy in Venice in high season.

Even though the villages dotted around the lake will be busy they will still retain their character and the Italians always provide places where you can have a quiet walk and glass of wine perhaps in the cool of the evening as they love to do this themselves.

As for safety I found the only danger was eating and drinking too much. 8)

Not sure if you son would be into wind surfing but the northern end is the mecca for this.

To get a flavor of the region I provide a link, and yes, it is as beautiful as it seems.
http://www.lagodigardamagazine.com/

Roll on June, off to Bardolino yummy ! :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.