Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Considering that is the price for a return flight to England I think it is outrageous!
Cheaper to get two taxis - even if paying airport taxis price. Tell them to get lost, you are being taken for a ride literally!
Are you sure they weren't quoting the price from your UK airport to Coral Bay? :roll:

Bearing in mind that you could hire 2 cars for (the usual minimum of) 3 days twice (once for each journey) for about CY£120 the pair!

The phrase that includes the words 'off' and 'rip' springs to mind.

You'd probably be better off just getting 2 taxis from the airport and booking the return from your hotel.
You'd probably have a problem trying to arrange an 8 seater at the airport on arrival.

Mark
Barry,

I presume you are landing at Paphos not Larnaca.

A standard taxi is around C£30 one way so I am sure an 8 Seater would not cost more tha C£50.

There are plenty of taxis outside Paphos Airport.

For £200 you may as well be betterv of hiring a car?

Hope this helps.

Stewart
thanks all :D As I thought, they were pulling a fast one. I'll take my chances on a taxi when I land then :lol:

thanks again
Barry not sure where Stewart has got his prices from, but Paphos airport to Coral Bay should be max 20 - agree the price before you get in, and HAGGLE!!!
Jacs
We used a taxi from Paphos airport last year and paid about £16.00.

Kath HT Admin
Hey Mr Poo,

I thought you said in one of your posts you are going next year?

Are you flying into Paphos or Larnaca?

Im off with 57 others to get married at the end of may and some are getting taxi's and again it was only about £20 GBP they were quoted from Pahpos airport.

Ally
Hi Ally :) 57 others :shock: that's going to be hectic!

No we go this year 20th of May and fly into Paphos... it seems the taxi company were trying get one over on us! Well I'll just be getting one from the airport when we land now.

Thanks again for all your help everyone :)
This must be the same taxi company that charged us CYP10 for a 4 minute ride!.In an old clapped out Mercedes at that!.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.