Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi i also cannot swim but like you can snorkle. Most hotels in sharm have a jetty you walk along then down a ladder to enter the sea ,quite deep, try getting a shortie 3mm wet suit this is what i use and it helps to keep you afloat in deeper water. i now love to snorkle but still cannot swim.
The Red Sea is the saltiest in the world!.I cant swim,after millions of lessons,but can snorkel,but I dont like going out of my depth.You can hire life vests if this makes you feel safer in the water.
Hi,

I can swim but can't snorkel ............... (cant put my face full in the water - how sad am I)

Went to Nabq Bay just up from Sharm a couple of years ago it was a good 5 min walk to the reef along a jetty or in the sea - which was lovely all the fish around your toes. Then a shallow area for snorkelling, then in DROPPED off the edge - husband and son are divers so had no fear of snorkelling off the edge of the reef - I watched from my thigh deep position.

There was mozzies and things in the sea but nothing like what people said, no more than any holiday, take some good just in case medication, be vigilant and get some water shoes (about £3.00 in Tesco Direct last year). ENJOY ITS BEAUTIFUL

Karen - going to Mexico this year
There was mozzies and things in the sea

You will be glad to know, Karen, that there are no mozzies in the sea in Mexico!
there was mozzies and things in the sea

you think thats a problem you should see the goldfish in the mersey :whoops :really :really
There was mozzies and things in the sea

That's because they are stuck to Backfox's cooking oil :tup (got ya back :pele)

Michelle x
:wave: we had no problems getting a life vest for our son when we went, it was more so i could relax while he was in deeper water and he loved it, he didnt have to put any work in to it.
Also in the 3 trips that we have had to Egypt we have not been biten or stung with anything but have seen some fantastic sealife the pests are the shop keepers but a firm la shukran works.Just take lots of sun block and drink lots of water but most of all enjoy your holiday :sun2
I have never been bitten by mozzies, true though that they do live near wet conditions and by the sea at night. I have been bitten by a fish, and i ended up with my thigh totally black for a week, very painful. I couldnt understand why this happened, but it was mating season when we went, they thought my thigh was a big black fish i suppose. Never put me off, i am just now careful to steer away from those horrible black fish. We were waist hight and further out i might add.

The sea is so salty that you would float anyway, often we lie on our backs and float, cheaper than a lilo :D
have to keep my eyes open for black legged lilo lils this year then :rofl :rofl :rofl
Hey Guys!

Thanks for all your comments and tips, i have decided to use a bouyancy thingy and be very brave!!

Thanks again
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.