Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
A Novel Idea
28 Posts
And if we haven't got a book to swap, can we buy them off you?

Great idea as some of you read some cracking books. I buy a couple at the airport but I'm not really up on books so you might not be interested in "my rubbish" :cry I'd be quite happy to buy them from you (or buy you a drink or two) :rofl
  • Edited by fizzy2 2008-10-14 21:20:20
Sounds like a good idea Lin, I always take books on holiday with me.
I dont mind a swap, or you can have mine when I leave (if you havent read them).
that is a fantastic idea Lin I have been wondering how many i can cram into my hand lugage as they weigh so heavy and i go through loads out there and you're right they charge so much even when they are falling apart, gave all mine to Ram when I left last year as he has a swap book shelf which is handy.. so now it can be a ''meet and swop' :rofl :rofl
chilly
Thanks everyone, i have been weighing my books today as i have so many i want to take, i have quite an extensive library in goa but i have read most of them, dont worry fizz i read loads of rubbish and usually enjoy a bit of escapism, as well as biogs and well, anything really, my local charity shop sells books 4 for a £1.00 and they are often in the top 10 of the book chart , last year places in goa were asking £2-3 for 2nd hand books.
No i personally could not charge if you did not have a swap, I could be under duress , :que be persuaded to take a drink, :cheers fizz, just leave it with someone when u leave, :( no problem

Lin
Thank you Lin....done deal then. I usually leave mine in Goa in the hotels book case (unless they have been really good) I have even been known to take one of theirs home (as I hadn't finished reading it) and returned it when I returned to Goa :D I have been perusing the books thread and some of the books sound really excellent so if anyone brings any of those, I would be more than happy to pay if I can't do a swap, after all books aint cheap if you bought them here. Actually as was said earlier they aint so cheap in Goa sometimes either....my copy of the Kite Flyer was a definite rip off, good book, except for the pages where the print faded out :cry :rofl

I'll buy anyone a drink in return for a good book :rofl
oh i'll get a big pile together then fizzy :rofl only joking!!! kite runner was brill wasnt it have you read the follow on one (well seperate book not really a follow on just same author) cant think of the name ...A thousand suns?? :think but have it somewhere, my fav was Shantaram ...

O/H has just asked will any mens books be coming along??? he likes action/ war/sas etc etc has just finished Troy shield of thunder by David Gemmell (?????not my sort for sure!!!)
chilly
  • Edited by chilly 2008-10-14 22:06:39
Mine too, Johny Deppe is filming in Plymouth at the mo (apparently) My other half told me that he had been working somewhere that Johny Deppe frequented recently.....I told him "if you see him, ask him when the Shantaram film is coming out", as there doesn't seem to be much happening about it at the moment. I am so looking forward to seeing the film...just wish they'd hurry up as it's ages since I read the book.

Shantaram is the one book that I have kept for my book case. Have you looked up Gregory David Robert's web site?

Still not finished Kite Flyer, I keep picking it up off and on but good so far. A thousand suns, is that the one about the afghani woman or am I getting confused :think :que I have just looked in my bookcase and can't find it so I must have given it away, but if its the same one, it was very good.
Please will somebody bring Kite Runner out to exchange, I really want to read it. If anyone wants A Thousand Splendid Suns I have that I could bring out.
Just loved Shanataram and so we are having a visit to the slums when we are in Mumbai, to see it all first hand. I thought the film was due for release last year.
Chilly, my hubby reads lots of war, SAS, thriller books, so will bring them along for your o/h.
So now the meets are turning into literary events!! :rofl
thanks Squigs he is well chuffed now as he has real problems out there getting anything to read... :thanks .......now he is being rude and horrible to me and saying 'yes cos i cant stand Josephine Cox and Victoria Holt' huh, as if i read JUST them :rofl not saying i dont but do like a bit of intellectual stuff too now and again :rofl

we had 2 copies of kite runner in Goa.. hope we didnt give them away if not you are welcome to one, will check when i get there
chillyx
  • Edited by chilly 2008-10-14 22:38:00
Forgot to say, a book with the story set in India has tonight been awarded the Booker Prize. I think it is called The White Tiger.
Sorry yes it's Kite runner (not kite flyer) :duh what a dimbo. Only had 4 glasses tonight :rofl ...... honest :rofl
If I finish it in time, I will bring it to the "swap shop".
Sorry yes it's Kite runner (not kite flyer)

:D we had just been laughing as i put that too, O/H called me a dimlo!!! so i edited it quick :rofl

I had better check that white tiger out ....but mind you Lassi is the one for knowing her books, she is really on the ball, perhaps we should be posting on the books thread :whoops
chilly
I also edited it quick. :rofl :rofl
Lets go fly a kite!!! UUHHMM, time for bed :whoops :offtop
The author of White Tiger was on the BBC news being interviewed this morning. (Squigs mentioned last night that White Tiger won the booker prize) Sorry I didn't get the authors name as was half asleep :duh

Looks like a good one to get.
I know its tempting to start discussing various books but can I ask you to continue the book discussions either on lassigirls thread here or on the GHE forum thread good books for lazy holidays
:whoops Sorry Fiona, my fault :offtop . I just get carried away at times and forget there are different threads for different discussions, especially after a few drinks! :cheers
The Why not allready swop books just take one along with you when you go to your meet or just passing through chose one of the many books that they have there
sharon uk
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.