Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Idea's
9 Posts
Hi - I did Christmas in Sharm El Sheik a few years ago, it's very cheap to eat out and get around (not quite as cheap as Goa but cheap non the less), nice and warm during the day but you might need a woolie in the evening. You can do trips to the sights in one day albeit with an early start and it's only a 5 hour flight. Not sure how much it would be as a package holiday but I'd only do a B&B.
hi calumn
you might like to try cuba, we've been there 3 times before and we
snorkling, lovely white sand beaches, and pale blue water, just like the brochures!!
unfortunatly not too many places to see, unless you want to travel for a couple of hours.
from varadero to havana will take 2 hours or so, from gaurdalavaca to santiago de cuba (which at one time was the capitol of cuba) again a couple of hours. both have a host of colonial buildings to see.
there are other smaller towns to go to that are closer, but not so interesting.
its really nice to walk around the countryside, all sorts of interesting things to see, like the different fruits on trees, mangoes and suchlike, all sorts of different birdlife, we saw humming birds on several occasions.

should be about 26-28c at that time of year, with little risk of rain.
i don't know how much you want to spend but iv'e just had a quick look at a couple of prices for cuba. you have to bear in mind though, these are all inclusive prices. which you really need to have in cuba because there arn't many restraunts to speak of in most of the resorts.
these prices for 2 adults and 1 child from manchester:-

16th dec to cayo coco (island) £2722
17th dec to gaurdelavaca,(holguin area) £2488
i'm sure though with a more thorough search you cuold come up with something better!!
hope this helps BOB :smokin :gluck

17th dec to gaurdelavaca, holguin area, £2488.
Thanks guy's I've been looking at Sharm El Sheik so that's possable and Bob I was going to PM you to ask about Cuba so thank's for that I'll shall check it out. You never know I might still find a Goa flight but I'm not holding my breathe I just wish flight's a couple of months ago :(
your welcome callumn, any other questions you may have, i'll be happy to try and answer.
goood luck with trying to get to goa though!!
BOB :smokin
You don't have to spend 12 hours on Mumbai Airport, book the two flights separately, last time we went we left Heathrow at 10.45 am we reached Mumbai at 1.30 am then we caught the first flight out of mumbai on air decca, which left at 5.30am, it worked out well as transferring through the airport took nearly 2 and a half hours, then when we reached the domestic terminal, a cup of coffee and then they called for our flight, we booked the flights online with air decca, and it worked out at about 45 pounds return each.

I have found that if you try to book scheduled flights to Goa, the air companies, will only use certain companies when transfering from Mumbai to Goa, it does work out cheaper, by booking the two flights.
Hiya Callum,
Have you thought about the Air Lanka flight Heathrow - Colombo - Goa. I know it's going to cost you to get down to Heathrow from Scotland but it might be worth a look. The Airline put you up in a decent hotel in Colombo or Negombo overnight Free of charge, prices start from
Rs 16,500. This is becoming a popular route with the long stayers so probably best to check out availability sooner rather than later.

Good Luck GFF xx
Thanks guys I'll take a look (Air Decan website wasn't giving flight details for Mumbai to Goa in December yet when I checked) I hadn't thought of Colombo so will check that out thanks again :)
Cuba is nice if you like a hotel based holiday. Nothing to do outside. Not really recommended for children, they would be bored stiff for the whole fortnight. Stick to Goa!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.