Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
No. They prefer football.
:wink:

Crickets are not something I've noticed as a problem in the past, actually thinking about it I can't ever remember seeing one - hardly conclusive proof that there not there though.

Why do you have a phobia of them?
I have never seen a cricket in Ibiza nor Majorca, but I have heard them, they make a noise by rubbing their back legs together I believe. I have seen quite a few small lizards in Ibiza though. Why are you bothered about them? Do you have a phobia because if so , like i have said you will probably hear but not see them .
I'm not bothered by them at all, its for the wife....as strange as it is she really really loves the sound of them at night.

Think she finds it quite theraputic :)

When we went to Lanzarote last year she was gutted as she only heard one, and that was trapped in a great big skip/bin and couldnt get out!!
Just back last week , yes we did hear crickets , didn't see any thou. Saw a few lizards in the bushes and one huge flying cockroach, two big flying things with long dangly legs(don't know what they were never seen them before). Anyone else know what I might have seen.

Glad to say this was the only creepy crawly wildlife we saw.
I think I saw one of these thing in Greece when it homed in on me, it was HUGE :yikes and I am sure it had missiles, rocket launchers and machine guns under its wings, and it scared the brown stuff out of me much to the delight of my wife and kids who thought it was hilarious :oops:

I don't mind creepy crawles but thing this was something else.

I have never seen anything scary creepy crawlie wise in Ibiza but I have heard Crickets at night which I must admit to being like your wife and enjoying.
You sound like my wife, she saw a snake in the water while we were on holiday in Canada. Over the several times the story has been told, the snake seems to have grown from been about 30cm long harmless worm like creature to a 10ft man eater with a desire to eat every person on the planet..
Its the local dinosours you need to be worried about! :wink:

http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/image/gallery/island/lizard.jpg
When i stayed in Ibiza recently, there were LOADS of crickets, and they could be heard all the time :)
And as for the local 'dinosours', i saw so many just walking around, they scared the hell out of me :?
it just wouldn't be Ibiza without the sounds of the crickets, never seen one though. The lizards are well cute to, i caught a couple and found it funny watching the faces of my fellow holiday makers when i put it on table, i let it go though, i wouldnt hurt one, just well cute
It's not strange. I too love to hear crickets in the evening. Yes, relaxing and strangely enough, romantic. On holidays in the past, I have heard the odd cricket at night, but a couple of years ago in Es Cana, there were lots of them. You could see them on the rocks during the day and hear them in abundance at night.

Hope that helps
C
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.