General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Does he have a check book with his account?, if so he could make a check out to someone you trust in the UK then they could get you the cash.
Hi judith thanks for your reply

I think he has a cheque book, but, we need to get a fair bit of money and im a bit worried about carrying alot of cash like that around, and to make matters more fun me and the other half are off in different directions after we land! I vaguely remember "disposable" cash cards last time we were back and was wondering if they exist or if its my imagination
Neil

I know the Post Office do a Travel Money Card available in different currencies but I think you have to have a UK address to get one, you could check it out though. Otherwise I can't think of anything else.

Judith
Okay, thanks anyway, will have to come up with a plan B!
There's a card you can buy in the travel agencies whereby you put cash on it and then just use it as a debit card.

I remember seeing it advertised last year, but I didn't take much notice so I can't tell you much about it, sorry.

But I THINK (I could be wrong) that you could buy it straight away, which would overcome the Uk address problem,
wouldn't it?

(We were going away the next day and the girl in the TA was trying to push us to have one)
You have not stated the name of the bank or when you are coming.

If there is enough time then perhaps he could advise the bank and request they open an account for you into which he could transfer money.

fwh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.