Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi Leahandhannah,
Check the comment in the Hotel reviews on the Abalone, but do not let it put you off, as the comments from the couple from Halifax are from 2003 & it may of had a referbishment since, I must admit I have never stayed there, but from the outside it did not look up to much when we passed it in 2003. Do not know what you are expecting, but all the 2 star hotels are pretty much the same. My advice is go & try it, as long as it is clean & the staff are pleasent you should be ok, failing that it is quite easy to change hotels if you are not happy. Try the Renton Manor, Arpora as that has had a lick of paint since we stopped there in Dec 2003.

Enjoy, wish I was in Goa, can not wait till I go back

Best Regards
Stewbacca :lol:
Hi.We stayed here for 2 weeks last November. Typical 2 star,our room had 2 ceiling fans which kept things nice & cool.Pool are ok but not many chairs/sun loungers. Staff were very nice, nice food too.The hotel mineral water tasted of chlorine, so best to smuggle some in from the shop next door.All in all as good as most 2 star places. Recommend English breakfast at Honey,couple of doors up[ from hotel. great bar/restaurant here also called Al fresco, friendly staff, nice place Run by local guy & yorkshire girlfriend.

Enjoy!
Just been offered not a bad deal for the Abalone resort! for new year. I have read the reports but does anyone have any other views on this place as still unsure whether to take it

thanks

Bob
I stayed at Renton Manor 2 years ago which is opposite the Abalone, never ventured inside but the guests were less than complimentary about it, it has come up a few times on my searches but I would rather spend a few quid more for the piece of mind than risk it :?
ftv

Alot of the reports I have read which are detrimental are from a couple of years ago whereas the more recent reports are a bit more favourable.

Last night my mate told me he had rented a villa in Barbados for new year and there were a few spare bedrooms if I wanted to go there so that is another dilemna

decisions decisions
OOOOOO what a dilemma :shock: I`m sure someone who has stayed there more recently could give you the lowdown as to what it is like now, maybe it has had a refurb since then :wink:
Hullsmoggy a mate of mine was put there last year, (he booked a cheap deal which was accomodation on arrival) and I have never known this guy to complain about anything.He never even unpacked his cases after seeing the rooms, he even paid to stay somewere else (which is unbelievable for him) as he's that tight he turns his grill off while he turns his bacon over :rofl I agree with FTV a few quid more is always worth the peace of mind.....and it's a long way to fly to be disappointed when you get there.....Keith
I've always worked on the principal that a holiday is what you make it, BUT the Abalone is a very poor hotel when I was there all the security boxes were broken into( all of them) and there was not a bit of damage to any of the boxes, of course it was nott he fault of any ody at the Abalone.
The only good thing is you re next door to Honeys restraunt and just around the corner from all spice.
Were ever you end up at, have a nice holiday.
Danny
Danny, and what nice intimate & welcoming restaurants they are....Keith
Hullsmoggy!! Goa Yes!! Abalone NO! No! What happened to CSM? Or do you want to come to Arpora end? :lol:
kjf

thanks for info

gg

It was just a holiday on teletext. Not really bothered where I stay but looks like it won't be the abalone.

thanks all
Our taxi driver commented every time we passed this hotel (which was daily), that it was not a good hotel. If you want to stay in Arpora stay at the Marinha, no comparison with any of the others!
Its a no from me too i'm afraide. My family stayed there a few years back and said it was poor.

I have stayed across the road at the renton manor and it does look scruffy.

Renton manor will wont cost you much more. I'd suggest getting prices for their. It'll be cheap!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.