Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I visited Arpora in Dec 2005 and I fell in love with it, okay it is away from the beach but only a few mins and 50 rupees gets you to Baga beach.
Arpora itself I think could be described as a small hamlet rather than a resort proper , the scenery is beautiful and of course the very wonderful Marinha Dourada hotel is here, another good hotel in Arpora is the Lagoa Azul.
A very popular restaurant in Arpora is All Spice , we visited twice and can recommend it , the food is delicious and the prices are cheap.
There is also a british type pub which serves good english food called Mojo's, and of course the great night market.
I would recommend Arpora to people wanting a hotel in a quiet location within easy striking distance of Baga and Calangute.
Cheers Shirley, I'm off to Arpora at the end of the year so any info. is appreciated.

GW
The local bar next to the temple is excellent at sundown for a beer and to watch the passing traffic. If you hire a scooter, beware the police at the bridge on the way in from Baga, as they are alwys there looking to stop tourists for backsheesh.
Bringing back up to help Donzo!
Thanx

Sounds really good, but I dont think I will be hiring a scooter :shock: . I heard taxis are quite cheap. We are staying in the sun village has anyone heard of it? :D

Donna x
Hi Donzo

We stayed at the sun village on our first visit, nice hotel great staff but we made the mistake of eating at the hotel everynight, it was great food but we missed out on trying all the other wonderful places!! We have stayed at the riverside guest house for the last 3 times and are booked to back there in February (can't wait).

Donna
XX
(Yeah another Donna)
I had a months holiday at the Renton manor in arpora last November, Arpora is a small rural place although the outskirts has a few hotels.
the village has a few shops but not of a great interest to tourists, the bar at the bottom of the village is good fun of a night because a lot of expats meet up there, the drinks are the cheapest you can buy any were.
as you come out of the renton manor to the left is a nice restraunt called Honeys I had alot of good meals there, just around the corner was the superb all spice(you pay more but it is well worth it)if you go out of there to your right down to the t junction and up to the marina dorado you will find from there to the sunset restraunt a lot of nice places to eat.
In Feb of this year we went back to Arpora we stayed at the Lagoa azul, this is a lovely hotel placed in the middle of nowere,
just down from there is a small retraunt I called the bakery(because i cannot remember it's name) other than that you walked down to the renton or taxied every were, I enjoyed Arpora but I would not stay there again.

Danny
Hi Donna B

Can you please give a review on riverside guest house as I might try there next year. I have stayed at Marinha Dourada for 5 years in a row and would like a change.

Or anyone else who has been.

Thanks
Spottiswoode
i have just booked two weeks in the marinha dourada in march can any one recommend good restraunts around apora, i know the majority of the ones in baga calangute as have been to there 3 looking for some diffrent ones
thanks
nicola
See the other thread - All Spice....
A new restaurant opened in Arpora about 6 weeks ago called Aidens Angelheart, really good food, excellent service and local prices.
If you come out of the Marinha turn right, when you get to the STD take the small road on your right (you will need a torch) go straight ahead to the yellow house then bear left, if you're coming from the Renton Manor turn right and take the first road on the right. It's a 2 minute walk from the Renton and probably 10 minutes from the Marinha. The food is cooked from fresh so be prepared to wait a while, but it's worth it. The last time we went we hadn't realised he had overcharged us for a portion of rice, he made a point of telling my son when he saw him on the beach :D
The owner also has a beach shack down Tito's road to the left called Monalisa's Angelheart.
Julie
Sounds good Julie. Is this another place I need to my places to go!!! :D Ive still to go to Florentines that you recommended. Maybe in 2 weeks we will get there.
Also I found another restaurant you recommended ..... Honey ..... its very close to the the Lagoa Azul. We will wait til April when we stay at the LA and go there. So many nice places to visit and so little time !!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.